You get a lot of fish tank stands in the market readymade which you can just go and buy, but then if you need a precisely measured, customized stand, you need to make one by yourself. Having a customized fish tank stand cannot just give a whole new meaning to your fish tank but also add aesthetics to the whole surrounding environment.Keep on reading to know more:
- Deciding the Size
Don’t feel small-hearted if you have a small fish tank because small fish tank meaning you have more opportunities of making a better-looking fish tank stand.
- In fact, you get a wide variety of chances to beautify it because it doesn´t have to be expensive.
- You also do not need too many fishes to make it more attractive.
- But you can put your time on any piece of furniture and between just look fine.
- The Investment Part
Although it looks easy from a distance, at times you have some spontaneous requirements to take care of it. A fish tank stand is much more than a piece of wood glued together.
- Whether if you are adding the doors to your stand or not.
- What kind of doorknobs are you going to use if you use any?
- Are you going to polish your stand for simply color it to match the surrounding background?
- Are you going to use glue or carpenter screws as well? I need to make an investment according to your budget.
- The Placement Thing
Before making a stand, you need to think twice, do you have a place to put it? Don’t just make a fish tank stand to make your fish tank look beautiful but also look at the practical benefits of it.
- If you have a large capacity of the fish tank then your stand can be immense if it had to support such large capacity.
- Make sure your fish tank stand doesn’t become another part of your already full of furniture house to lose the focal point of the room.
- Please avoid the close proximity of your television.
- It might be disturbing for your roommates who don’t like your idea of having a fish tank stand, especially its placement in the room.
- How Heavy is it?
If you are thinking about getting a 90-gallon fish tank stand then no matter how much study you make the stand ultimately its wooden legs will give up within time.
- It is better to reduce the decorative Toys from your fish tank to make your fish-stand look good.
- Some fishes can live happily without a heater or pump and so many cables and wires.
- All these cables can destroy the look of your fish tank.
- Various Types of Fish Tank Stands
Before making the plan you need to decide what type of fish tank stand you wish to make. While making it, consider your requirements first.
- Bulky fish tank stand which can hold about an 80-gallon tank.
- Fashionable fish tank stand which will also add a dimension to your interior decor.
- Bow front aquarium fish tank stand which also has storage space and a classy design.
- Dimensions of Your Stand
Make proper measurements so that you can get the idea of the adjoining parts that are going to be added to it. Write down all the measurements on the paper and calculate them once more with a calculator.
- The standard height should be 3 feet high, which shouldn’t be a problem in construction.
- Length and width of the frame should be equal to and a half inch more than the size of your fish tank.
- Let’s say fish tank measures 10 inches by 20 inches then the adjacent sides of your stand should be 10. 5 and 20. 5 inches.
- Some Tips for Using a Circular Saw
You can use a circular saw which the professional carpenters used to make your work faster and precise. You will need a little time to get used to it.
- Wear gloves and eye protection while using this professional saw to keep yourself safe while you work.
- Measure accurately and mark them precisely before you apply the saw.
- The wood gets fine and precise calculated results if you use the circular saw.
- Cut the Wooden Pieces
Even though if you are not a carpenter you should be knowing the basic skills of carpentry like using the cutting tools, the joining tools, and other such stuff.
- Cut two pieces of wood calculated length 4 pieces of calculated width and 8 pieces to the calculated height
- Let’s say your fish tank stand you want to be of 3 feet tall 3 feet long and 1. 5 feet wide.
- So you will need to cut 2 2 x 4S to be 36. 5 inches 4 2 x 4 is to be 18. 5 inches and 8 2 x 4 is to be 36 inches.
- Joining the First Set
After cutting the body the immediate step would be to place them all on the floor to get a proper look of it before joining them with the glue.
- A place of the smaller 2 x 4S along with the top and bottom side of longer 2 x 4.
- Place the two other small pieces in the middle of all.
- Then use a power drill to attach the smaller 2 x 4S into the larger pieces using 2. 5-inch construction screws.
- Be sure of the four smaller 2 x 4S are set at equal distances and which are apart from each other.
- Lay the Other Length and Attach
You can use the Glue as well as reconstruction screws to attach, choose the best blue from the market to avoid the accidents caused by unattached parts of the fish tank stand later.
- Use your power drill to attach this 2 x 4 to the part of the frame you have already built.
- Used 2. 5-inch construction screws to attach these parts.
- Try to slightly move the 2 x 4s to make sure they are fastened each other.
- Attach a Height Cut and Cross Brace
Install these vertical posts so that there longer sides perfectly Run parallel to the cross braces on your frame.
- Now using a power drill and construction screws Install all 8 of your height cut 2 x 4S.
- You can use finishing nails to secure these 2 x 4S to the frame.
- Sometimes you can also use the wood glue to help to stick.
- Choose a Piece of Plywood
Measure the base of your fish tank and mark a rectangular shape on your plywood half an inch more than the size of your fish tank.
- Using your Jigsaw cut this large piece of measured plywood.
- Then use enough wood glue to join this bottom piece to the top of your political posts.
- Once this group has dried down now flip the frame over to it so that the plywood is now on the bottom.
- Maybe to complete the installation you may also use finishing nails.
- Allow it to Dry
The best way to make sure that the two blocks of wood have bonded well is to wait. Although it looks difficult, but then it is a part of a standard procedure which every carpenter follows.
- Now before moving forward please allow the wood glue to dry first for at least two hours.
- And if you have more than extra time do not hesitate to wait for 24 hours.
- Do not be impatient to wait just to make sure it’s completely bonded.
- Cut 4 Pieces of Wood
Measure the front and both sides of your fish tank stand. With the help of pencil trace three rectangles onto a piece of wood sheeting, which are matching these exact measurements.
- You may want to cut these shapes now with your Jigsaw.
- Then make sure to cut some spaces in a different piece of wood sitting so that it can be perfect for any two doors you plan to install in your stand.
- Unless it would be visible avoid attaching sheets to the back side of your fish tank stand.
- Making Wooden Doors for Your Stand
Building wooden doors for your stand will be beneficial for you to store the fish food and other essential items that are exclusively related to your fishes.
- Measure mark and cut the plywood properly to make the doors fit into the stand.
- Maintain the same design language while making the doors, which you have used in the entire fish tank stand.
- Choose proper letters Hinges and knobs for the door two functions according to the way they are made.
- You can also store some of the fish tank toys to replace them for an interchange in aesthetics.
- Attach Each Piece Security
One should be using wood glue to attach each piece of the wood sheet into its corresponding sides, also then you may like to use a hammer and finishing nail to make sure each piece is security fast and to the frame.
- If the visible nail heads are unsightly, you can hit them deeper into the wood with a punch.
- You can then later fill the holes with wood putty.
- These holes will not be visible once you add a wooden polish or color over the entire stand.
- Add a Strip to the Sides of the Frame
Add strips to all the sides of the frame if you want to make it look attractive. Some of you might consider it an extra expenditure but a darker tone of stripes should be added to the lighter tone of stands body.
- Although this is not at all necessary for your fish tank stand to be totally functional.
- But then this will certainly give it a less rough look.
- Precisely measure and cut your strip pieces with the same Jigsaw so that it can fit around each corner of the fish tank stand.
- And then finally attach them to each corner using nails or the usual wood glue.
- Using the Sandpaper
To make your stand aesthetically more beautiful with nice finish look it is important for you to rub with fine sandpaper to smooth the appearance.
- You may also like to use a fine grit Sandpaper of around 220 if you want the best results.
- Please do not use medium great or course Sandpaper 2 send your fish tank stand.
- They will definitely do more harm to your finish too wood.
- Paint the Finished Stand
Although it is always advised to add a wooden polish to the wood to maintain and beautify the wooden texture, but you may also paint in your finished stand in the color you desire.
- Use the same stain for the frame that you used for the entire wooden body of fish tank stand.
- You should always apply the stain with the minimum 2 coats and wait for it to dry completely.
- Afterward, you may like to use your desired color to paint your stand.
- Here you should apply at least one coat of paint if you intend to paint it, but then there is no harm in even applying two coats all over.
- Add Doors
If you do not wish to make the door yourself then purchase it from the market. Attach door to the front of your stand if desired.
- When attaching the readymade doors to your stand please follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Hence, attach the hinges to the front of the stand first of all and then attach your doors to these hinges.
- You may like to stay in and paint your doors before attaching them.
- You need to worry about the doors if you are making them yourself otherwise the readymade doors already are stained and painted.
- If you are going to change the color of your walls consider making fish tank stand after you finish coloring your walls so that you do not repent on the mismatch of fish tank stand and wall color.
- Actually, building and oversized fish tank stand may enhance the aesthetic beauty of your fish tank by covering it from all three sides, making it the focal point of your entire room.
Do not compromise on arranging the measuring tools, mapping tools marking tools and the cutting tools; you can also borrow it from your known people.
How much does it cost to build an aquarium stand?
What kind of wood do you use for a fish tank stand?
How do you make a cheap fish tank stand?
How do you make a fish tank rack?
Can Ikea furniture hold a fish tank?
Can you stack fish tanks?
Can you put 2 fish tanks on one stand?
How much does a 75 gallon aquarium weigh full?
Can a TV stand hold a fish tank?
|Tank Size||L x W x H||Filled Weight|
|55-gallon||48″ x 13″ x 21″||625 lbs.|
|65-gallon||36″ x 18″ x 24″||772 lbs.|
|75 gallon||48″ x 18″ x 21″||850 lbs.|
Can a dresser hold a fish tank?
How tall should a fish tank stand be?
How much does a 37 gallon fish tank weigh with water?
How heavy is a 300 gallon fish tank?
|Tank Size||Outside Dimensions in Inches (L x W x H)||Weight Empty and Full (lbs)|
|37 Gallon||30 1/4 x 12 1/2 x 223/4||415|
|26 Flatback||36 1/4 x 12 1/2 x 16 5/8||300|
|23 Long||36 1/4 x 12 5/8 x 13||253|
|30 Gallon||36 1/4 x 12 5/8 x 16 3/4||343|
How much does a 120 gallon fish tank cost?
How heavy is a 200 gallon fish tank?
|Item #||Product||Loyalty Price|
|211805||120 Gallon with 1 Corner-Flo – Black – 48 in. x 24 in. x 24||$499.99|
|211814||Pine Majesty Stand – Black – 48 in. x 24 in.||$269.99|
|268336||Marineland Precision Submersible Heater – 400W – Up to 125 gal.||$43.99|
How heavy is a 100 gallon fish tank?
Can my floor support a 150 gallon fish tank?
When filled with water it can weigh up to 900 pounds.
How much does a 100 gallon fish tank cost?
Ads by Google