eBay and Paypal have been linked together for years. Since 2003, Paypal has been eBay’s preferred method of payment processing. For many users this is not an issue as Paypal has become very popular. However, not everyone has a Paypal account, nor does everyone want to use their Paypal account for every transaction. Here is how you can make purchases on eBay without a Paypal account.
Check to see if the seller you are buying from accepts debit or credit card transactions
- Many eBay sellers now accept credit card transactions in addition to Paypal.
- Before making your purchase, go to the “Payments” tab near the top of the listing for the item that you are purchasing.
- The “Payments” tab is found near the Shipping and Delivery information.
- If the seller accepts debit or credit card purchases, they will list which card brands they accept. Be sure that they accept the type of card that you would like to use.
Double check your information
- Once you have confirmed that the seller that you are purchasing from accepts the type of card that you would like to use, complete your purchase.
- Go to the “My eBay” tab and open your “Purchase History” which is found on the left-hand side.
- Select “Pay Now” and you will be prompted to check your shipping address and other details regarding your purchase. If all looks good, click “Continue” to move on and finalize your payment and complete your purchase.
Complete your purchase with your debit or credit card
- Under “Payment Options”, select “Credit/ Debit Card”.
- You will be prompted to enter your card information. You will need to know the type of card, your card number, expiration date, and three digit code CVV code on the back of your card.
- Once you have entered all of the required information, complete your purchase by clicking “Confirm Your Payment”.
Other tips for making purchases without using Paypal:
If you have a Paypal account but you do not wish to use it, you can change your method of payment to a debit card that is linked to your Paypal account. You will need to have your card linked to your Paypal account prior to checking out on eBay. When you are ready to complete your purchase, click “Pay with Paypal”, and then select “Change”. The debit card that is linked to your Paypal account should show up as a payment option. Select it to complete your purchase using the card instead of your Paypal account.
You can also try to make your purchase through a guest account. This way, if you have an account on eBay that is linked to a Paypal account, you will not be prompted to use that account.
Additional information to keep in mind regarding purchasing on eBay:
eBay will be changing it’s payment options in 2020. Paypal will no longer be the payment method of choice. They will be switching to a European based payment processing company called Ayden. Ayden has credit and debit processing capabilities, so using your credit or debit card to make purchases on eBay might about to get much easier.
Is there another way to pay on eBay besides PayPal?
Can I buy on eBay without an account?
Can you pay for eBay items with credit card?
Is it better to pay with PayPal or credit card on eBay?
Can you get scammed on eBay?
Can I get my money back if I get scammed on eBay?
Does eBay sell fake stuff?
Can you get scammed on PayPal?
Is it safe to buy from eBay without PayPal?
How can you tell if an eBay seller is legit?
Can I trust eBay sellers?
Ads by Google