At times, you may want to make a call to a person, but at the same time, you do not want the person to see your mobile phone number. If you have a smartphone, you can make call anonymous calls to anyone with no issues. Not all smartphones have this option to make anonymous calls.
Let us now discuss the steps with respect to making private calls from the mobile phone.
Make Anonymous Calls Using Prefix
You need to change certain settings on your mobile phone to make private calls. Use the prefix number to make private calls from your phone. You can use the prefixes such *67, #31# and 141 to make private calls. The prefixes will vary according to the region and carrier of mobile phones.
- You need to open your mobile phone’s phone application. You can find this application on the home screen of your smartphone.
- If you are using a landline phone, then you need to prepare yourself to straightaway dial the prefix.
- If your mobile phone’s phone application does not land you to the keypad, then you need to tap the keypad icon. You do not have to follow this step in landline phones and keypad mobiles.
- Now, you need to enter your prefix number. Once, after entering the prefix number, you need to continue entering your phone number.
- Press the call button once entering the number is done. The receiver would not see your number. Instead, they will see something like “private call” or “blocked” or “caller ID not available” on the screen.
Change the Settings on Android Phone
You can change some of the settings on your Android phone to make the private calls. As usual, you need to open your Android phone’s phone application. Tap the “more” or “dotted” feature, which appears on the top right corner of the phone application.
- Now, tap the settings option, which appears on the drop-down menu. You can see that the phone settings page is opened.
- Tap the calls or call settings or outgoing calls in the settings page. Then, you need to tap the caller ID option.
- Now, tap hide number and you can make private calls.
Change the Settings on iPhone
iPhone users can follow the following steps to make private calls from their mobile. You need to open your iPhone’s setting application and scroll down and tap the “phone” option.
- Now, you need to tap the “Show My Caller ID” feature. If you cannot find this option, then you cannot hide your caller ID.
- You can contact your carrier or visit the website to check whether caller ID hiding is a paid service.
- You need to turn off the “Show My Caller ID” option to make private calls from your phone.
Make Private Calls Using Google Voice
The Google voice app will let you make anonymous calls. If you did not find this application, you need to download it on your iPhone or Android mobile.
- Tap the “Calls” option in the voice app and tap the “+” option.
- You can find a space to enter your recipient’s mobile number. After entering the number, you need to tap the call button.
- If you call to your recipient, your recipient will be able to address a number, but not your real phone number.
No matter, which method you are going to use, but you need to follow the steps properly to make private calls from your phone.
Does * 67 work on cell phones?
Can you use 141 on a mobile phone?
CAN A * 67 call be traced?
What is * 82 on the phone?
What does * 69 mean on the phone?
What is * 77 on the phone?
What does * 57 do on a cell phone?
What is * 60 on the phone?
What does *# 21 do to your phone?
What does * 68 mean on a phone?
|Vertical service code||Service definition|
|Tone dialing||Pulse dialing|
|*67||1167||Calling number delivery blocking|
|*68||1168||Activate call forwarding on busy|
|*69||1169||Last-call return (incoming)|
What is * 73 on your phone?
What is the use of * * 4636 * *?
|*#*#4636#*#*||Display information about Phone, Battery and Usage statistics|
|*#*#7780#*#*||Restting your phone to factory state-Only deletes application data and applications|
|*2767*3855#||It’s a complete wiping of your mobile also it reinstalls the phones firmware|
What happens when you dial ## 002?
What is *# 61 used for?
On my Galaxy phone, this code prompted a pop-up that let me know how long until a call is forwarded to the message center.
What happens if you dial *# 61?
On Galaxy phone, this code prompted a pop-up that explain how long until a call is forwarded to the message center. On the iPhone, regardless of carrier, this code just show the same info as *#67# .
Does * 61 work on cell phones?
Press *61 to add the last call received to your call block list. Press *80 to turn call blocking off.
Is there a number I can call to see if my phone is tapped?
Dialling this code will show you if your phone is tapped and a spy app is blocking your calls. If redirected calls, texts, and data show up on the list on the screen, dial ##002#.
Ads by Google