With the aim of unifying the communication channels, Google has come up with Voice which enables the user to make calls to another user with multiple devices, all ringing.
How to Call from Google Voice on iPhone?
To make a call using the Google Voice app (https://support.google.com/voice/answer/7207482?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en), follow these steps.
- Navigate to the app from the list and then tap on it to go to the ‘Calls’ option.
- Select the person you want to call by either tapping on it from the recent calls or from the search bar, or by simply dialing the number.
- Enter the country code in case not already included and then make the call by tapping on the illustrated icon.
- You will have to enter the correct country code in case you wish to make an international call.
- The same procedure should be followed for other iOS devices like iPad among others.
How to Call from Google Voice on Computer?
You can use Google Voice to make domestic and international calls to any person whose contact information you possess. Here’s how to do it from the computer.
- Visit the Google Voice page from a web browser on your personal desktop or laptop computer.
- On the bar which illustrates the call button, click on ‘Make a Call’.
- Next, search for the person you want to call. If you have that person in your contacts, select them from the list you are shown.
- After that click on the ‘Call’ button or another equivalent icon.
How to Call from Google Voice App?
With the Google Voice advantage, you can now receive phone calls on all the devices where you have signed in from your account into the Google Voice app. To make a call yourself, here’s what you can do.
- On your Android or iOS device, download and install the Google Voice app from the respective stores.
- After all the ‘Signing-In’ and set up process, you can choose a Google Voice phone number to make and take calls from the users of Google Voice.
- Tap on the app to go either dial the number or search from your contacts and then tap on the ‘Call’ icon to make the call.
- You will not be able to make any emergency calls from the Google Voice app as it is not supported by its software.
The devices in which the app is already signed in will be ringing after someone calls your number. Any person in possession of such a device can take the call.