Spotify is a popular music streaming services used by more than 100 million in the US alone.
It offers several paid plans like Premium apart from its free service.
- How to Cancel Spotify Premium on Android App?
Spotify offers a lot of added benefits when you are using the Spotify Premium, an upgraded version of Spotify free. For example, you can now download songs. You can always deactivate your subscription by going to Spotify’s web page (https://www.spotify.com/) using a web browser.
- When using the app, you will be already logged into your account. If not, launch the Spotify app, and enter your credentials to ‘Log-In’.
- Then, you can click on ‘Accounts>Settings’, and then you will find a button called ‘Subscriptions’. Tap on it to go to the next page.
- Then, you get access to your payment and subscriptions page. Right below this page, you can find a big green button that reads ‘Change or Cancel Premium Spotify’. If it does not show this, it means that this Spotify account is not on premium in first place.
- When you click on it, you will be asked to confirm, and your next billing cycle will be removed. The services will be reverted to Spotify’s free ad-based service.
- Alternatively, on any Android smartphone or tablet, you can use the Google Chrome app to ‘Log-In’ to ‘accounts.spotify.com’, and go ahead with canceling the subscription, and end Spotify.
- How to Cancel Spotify Premium on iPhone?
The iPhone is an iOS device, and till iOS (11), both iPhone and iPads used the same apps. It means that you could use the same steps to cancel your subscription in both the devices. If you are using the same account on both of them, you only have to do it once.
- On your iPhone, tap on the ‘Safari’ icon and launch the web browser. Then, go to ‘spotify.com’. You can’t close the account using the mobile app, so use this method when you’d signed up using their web or mobile app.
- When you are there, you can see the hamburger icon on the upper-right corner of the landing page. Just tap on it and you can find the option to ‘Log-In’, click on the link.
- Now, ‘Log-In’ with your credentials and go to ‘Account Overview’, taping on it reveals a drop-down menu. There you can find ‘Subscriptions’. Tap on ‘Subscriptions’.
- This brings you to another window saying subscription and payment. You can see if you’re on Spotify Premium? It shows the date when your next billing cycle will renew. There is a big green button saying ‘Change or Cancel’. Then, tap on it and confirm.
- When you tap on this button, it changes to ‘Cancel Premium’. It asks again for ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. Confirm, and your subscription will end.
- It gets into effect starting from the end of your current billing cycle, so you can enjoy it for the rest of the days.
- How to Cancel Spotify Premium on iPhone X?
There are other ways to cancel and remove your subscriptions for Spotify Premium, and any other in general on iOS devices, including Mac. For that, you have to do this using iTunes. So, go to your iPhone’s settings, and tap on it. The setting is the ‘Gear’ icon on your home screen. You can use this method if you subscribed to Spotify through iTunes on the mobile app.
- Launch settings and then look for iTunes & app store. You might have to scroll a bit. This is a blue icon with a white ‘A’ drawn inside it.
- When you tap on it, you have to tap on your Apple ID for authentication. This is at the top of the screen. Tap on ‘View Apple ID’, and if prompted, enter your Apple ID password or tap on the ‘Home’ button for TouchID (in older iPhones).
- Now, scroll up and down again to find ‘Subscriptions’, tap on it. This shows you all your subscriptions along with payment information. You can find here ‘Spotify:Music for Everyone’, and your next billing cycle date mentioned right below it.
- Tapping on this reveals you different options like changing from a monthly to annual or vice versa. Also, you have the ‘Cancel Subscription’ button at the bottom of the page. Then tap on it.
- It will show up a window saying if you confirm and end your subscription now, you can still access it till . You have two options: ‘Not Now’ and ‘Confirm’. Tap on ‘Confirm’ and you’re done.
- How to Cancel Spotify Premium on Mac?
To learn more about Spotify’s cancellation policies and methods, read this (https://support.spotify.com/in/article/how-to-cancel-your-subscription/) article right here. This shows how easy and streamlined the process is across all its platforms. Regardless of using iPhone, iPad or Mac, you have to go to Spotify’s homepage.
- It says ‘Music for Everyone’ on their landing page, and even if that’s not true entirely, what they mean that Spotify is today supported over all types of devices starting from car’s infotainment systems to your Google home speakers.
- When using your Mac, this is a desktop computer, so you can easily use your web browser to go to their homepage. Then, click on ‘Log-In’ on the upper-right corner. This will be different when using the mobile version, as described in method 1.
- Click on ‘Username’ after you’ve logged in using your Spotify’s credentials, that is, username and password. Then, when you click on your ‘Profile/Username’, you can click on ‘Account’ from the drop-down menu when it expands.
- On the menu on the left side, you can see ‘Subscription’, and clicking on it says ‘Cancel Your Subscription’.
- You shall be asked to enter a reason that you’re leaving, and then click on ‘Continue’. You have to click on ‘Cancel My Subscription’ and then enter your password again. Click on ‘Cancel My Subscription’ again to confirm to get rid of it.
- You can always re-activate your plan because Spotify will save all your settings a playlist as it turns the premium account into free and does not delete it unless you chose to close your account too.
- How to Cancel Spotify Premium on PC?
When using a Windows computer or PC, you will also, have to follow the same steps by and large to cancel your premium subscription. The process using the web browser is the same for all, and there is no difference at all.
- At the same time, you can’t interact with your account settings from inside your app and this force you to go to a web browser and start from there.
- The steps are pretty much the same as above. You can use anything like Google Chrome, and then go to ‘spotify.com/us’ and this will bring you to their landing page. This is also called the home page.
- You can find different landing page based on the region though. There is the button saying ‘Open Web Player’ on the left side, and then on the top right you have profile.
- Click on it will expand a drop-down menu that has two things account and ‘Log-Out’. You’ve already logged in, so these two options.
- Your account expands with details on the left column, and there you can find the entry called ‘Subscription’. You also have ‘Account Overview’, ‘Change password’, and a long list of items that allow making changes to your accounts.
- When you click on ‘Subscription’, you see a new window inside the page, saying ‘Subscription and Payment’. This has all the necessary info like the date of your next billing cycle, and how much you will be paying.
- You have the payment methods right below it. So, you click on ‘Change or Cancel’, the big green button in the middle of the page.
- Next, you can find options to change the plans. You can change to Spotify free and this has the ‘Cancel Premium’ button right next to it.
- You also have an option called ‘Premium for Students’, which is a reduced price plan, and therefore you have to verify that you are a student. This has a ‘Verify’ button right next to it.
- Click on ‘Cancel Premium’, and then when asked again, click on ‘Yes, Cancel’ to confirm.
- How to Turn Off Spotify Premium Trial?
Now, all the methods above talked about canceling Spotify Premium when you’re already a paid subscriber. But, what if you’re just on free-trial period and you wish to cancel it before they charge you any monthly fee? Spotify offers a 7-day free trial to everyone.
- Here is a thread on Spotify community that talks about the same issue in detail.
- It turns out that the 7-day free trial is set for auto-cancellation unless you’ve provided your payment info also. So, it will be reverted to Spotify free. This is noteworthy.
- It turns out that the method for both cancellations of trial and a full paid version is the same after all.
- You can go to ‘spotify.com’, and ‘Log-In’. You will find the account page and the view details link. Then, you can see the Subscription that will read Spotify Premium.
- Using change or cancel, and methods listed above, you can cancel your Spotify Premium.
- How to Cancel Spotify Premium without Email?
Now, as we had briefly mentioned in the tips below, as a safety measure, you can always close your account immediately after canceling it. For example, account you had made at school. But, many times people lose their credentials to log in with your email address or username, and password and both too.
- Here is a similar issue posted at Spotify community.
- It appears that you can still, be able to stop your subscriptions and even close your account by contacting Spotify directly, Based on your region, you will have the contact details.
- There is their Twitter page called ‘@SpotifyCares’ where you can take this issue up. Usually, by proving as many details as you remember about your account, you can turn off your subscriptions.
- Here is their online contact (https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/) link which also you can try.
- Spotify claims to reply back to your issues within 24 hours or less, so this should be a quicker method then trying out anything else.
- You can subscribe to Spotify Premium through its web page or app and also through various other networks and companies that offer Spotify as a combined package. For example, if you’ve subscribed through partners like Apple or mobile provider, you’ve to reach out to them for the cancellation.
- When canceling Spotify Premium, you have two options, that is, changing the package. If you’re on trial or paid, in both cases, you can cancel your subscription.
- A great way to end any subscriptions and verify it does not rouble you is also to close your account after the cancellation.
After cancellation, regardless of methods and platforms, you can always use their services till the end of your current billing cycle.