Whether you are a buyer or a seller, you may want or need to change the Paypal account that you have linked to your eBay account.
Follow these easy instructions for changing your Paypal account on eBay.
As a Buyer
- Log into your eBay account, and open the “My eBay” tab.
- Open the “Account” tab, and click the button that reads “Paypal account information”.
- Change or update your Paypal information by following the prompts on screen.
Tip: If you do not want to permanently change your Paypal account, you can change the account that you want to use when you check out your purchases. Follow these instructions to temporarily change your Paypal account as a Buyer:
- When you choose to use Paypal as your method of payment, there will be a button that reads “Change”. Click that button.
- Select the alternate account that you would like to use. This will be the account that is used for the current checkout only.
As a Seller
- Log in to your account and go to the “My eBay” tab and select “Account”.
- Under the “Account” tab, click “Seller Account”.
- Open the tab that reads “ Payment methods for Seller fees” and look for the “Change” button. From there you will be able to change the account that you have linked as your preferred method of payment.
Tip: If you need help changing your account settings, setting up your Seller’s page, or with any other aspect of your eBay account, go to the “Help” page. From there you will be able to choose from an extensive variety of topics, and eBay will provide you with simple steps to fix or accomplish whatever you need.