Google Chrome, like all other web browser platforms, offers the option for one to choose a Home Page. There is a Home button option which can be clicked on and it provides a way for one to change the home page that you wish to view every time you open Google Chrome. This helps to reduce time spent in typing in a URL of a site that you wish to see or visit every time you open Chrome. It is usually your email site or official main home page.
The following steps enumerate how you can change Homepage option on Chrome.
- Open Chrome as a Web Browser
When you have Chrome as the web browser on your OS, open it to reveal the main page. In order to go to Settings, the menu can be found when you click on the three stacked dots found on the top right-hand corner.
- Visit the Settings Menu
This is the menu where you will find different options for making configurations and changes including how to set or change the Homepage. When Settings appears after you click on the three dots, there is a box called Search settings.
- Enable Home Page Settings
- In general, the Home page option might not be enabled in default on your web browser. When you open Settings find the Search Settings box.
- Type in Home in this box.
- This will open the settings of Show home button and provide enabling of the same.
- Options are there to choose standard new tab page or create a new tab page.
- The option you choose would be enabled every time you press the Home button.
- Make the changes you wish to set for the homepage.
- Close the Settings section after the changes are made and saved.
The above steps will help enable home page settings of your choice for Google Chrome.
- Visit Home Page or Other Tabs
Once the Home button has been enabled, the new tab page would be displayed every time you open Chrome. The new tab usually becomes a screen which is a docking station of sites visited by users the most. If you have installed bookmarks or apps, these would also showcase on the new tab page unless you have specified a home page. If you wish to change the same, repeat the process of making the changes by visiting the Settings section off Google Chrome.
- Other Options
Even if you do not set a Home page, the sites that you most visit would show up on the main page of Chrome every time you open it. The default tab page or a new one that you open will showcase thumbnails of websites you visit most, eight in total. It is possible to customize this screen as well.
- Delete a thumbnail image by hovering cursor over the same and click on X.
- Two options appear whether you wish to Restore All or Undo.
- Clicking on Undo would return an image that was deleted.
- If you wish to restore all available thumbnails, all you need to do is right click on the screen and choose the option to Restore All.
The above steps help you decide what you wish to see when you open Google Chrome.
How do I change the startup page on Google Chrome?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “On startup,” select Open a specific page or set of pages. Click Add a new page. Enter the web address and click Add. Click Use current pages.
How do I change my homepage?
- In the menu bar on the top of your browser, click Tools.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab.
- Under “Home page,” enter: www.google.com .
- Click OK.
- Restart your browser.
Why can’t I change homepage Chrome?
Can you change home page in any browser?
How do I make Google my home page?
How do I change my browser settings?
- On your Android, open Settings .
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- At the bottom, tap Advanced.
- Tap Default apps.
- Tap Browser App Chrome .
How do I change my browser to Google?
How do I change my browser to DuckDuckGo?
Launch Chrome, click on the “three dots” menu icon in the top-right corner of the window, and click “Settings.” Choose “Search engine” in the list on the left of the screen. Click on the drop-down box next to “Search engine used in the address bar” and choose DuckDuckGo.
How do I change my Google search preferences?
Change your search settings
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to google.com.
- At the top left, tap Menu. Settings.
- Choose your search settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
Why does Google keep changing my search settings?
You may have heard about browser cookies being bad, but they are useful for retaining settings on Web pages you visit. When you update Google search settings, your browser stores the settings in a cookie — if cookies are enabled.
How do I open Chrome preferences?
Where are Google settings?
How do I change my Google account settings?
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings. See all settings.
- At the top, choose a settings page, such as General, Labels, or Inbox.
- Make your changes.
- After you’re done with each page, click Save Changes at the bottom.