Change iTunes Password on iPad
- Click on your iPad’s “Home” button. These steps are only useful when you want to update your iTunes password from the iPad.
- After that, locate the “Settings” icon on your home screen and tap on it. By doing that, the settings app will load with the “General” option selected by default.
- On the screen that opens, tap on the “Store” option located on the left pane.
- After that, tap on the “View Account.” if not automatically signed in, a prompt will appear on the screen, directing you to sign in to view your account.
- Tap on the “Continue” to open the “iTunes Password” dialogue. Then, type in your password in the password field provided and you should be good to go.
After updating your password, you may want to change it later. To change your iTunes password from the iPad, the steps below are handy.
- Tap on the Apple ID. By doing that, the “Edit Account Info” option will be displayed on your iPad’s screen.
- Next, tap inside the password field and type in a new password.
- Re-enter the password in the “Verify” field.
- Then tap on the “Done” icon. Doing so will save your new iTunes password.
- Tap on the “Done” button again to return to the “Settings” menu.
Change iTunes Password on iPhone and iPad
- To launch the process, you should sign in to iCloud or Apple ID account Page. It’s important to note that you can change you’re your iTunes password easily if you can remember your password. However, if you can’t remember your password, you needn’t worry as you can reset it using the procedure below.
- Tap on your “Settings” on your home screen to launch it. After that, tap on the “iCloud.”
- Next, tap on the Apple ID. The Apple ID should be the one currently logged in to your iPhone that you’re using. If you’d wish to change the password for another Apple ID apart from the one logged in to your iPhone, consider using a computer to work out the task.
- Enter your password if prompted and tap on the “Ok” button. If you’re using your trusted to reset your password, or using two-step authentication, you will not get prompted to enter your password.
- After that, go to the “Change Password” screen.
- After that, tap on the “Password & Security” and tap on the “Change Password.” After that, the next step involves verifying your identity.
- Type in the answers to your security questions and tap on the “Verify” button to get your identity verified. And if you’re using a trusted device, this step may be skipped.
- Type in your new password in the box for “New” and enter it again in the next field for “Verify” to get your password verified. By doing that, the new password will take effect immediately, and all other devices previously logged in with the old password will be logged out automatically. If you’d wish to log in the signed out devices, use the new Apple ID password, and you should be good to go.
If your iPhone or iPad is running the iOS 10.3 or later, you can use the steps below to change our iTunes password.
- Tap on the “Settings” and then tap on your name.
- After that, tap on the “Password & Security”.
- Next, tap on the “Change password” option.
- In the next step, key in the password you’re using currently or use your device passcode.
- After that, key in a new password and confirm the password.
- Having done that, tap on the “Change” or “Change Password”
- Finally, Sign In using your new password to have access to Apple services. And that’s much about it.
Change iTunes Password on Mac
- To start the process, click on the iTunes on your Mac computer to launch it.
- After that, click on the “Account” menu.
- Next, hit on the “Sign In” button. Doing so will prompt a pop-up window to open.
- In the window that opens, click on the “Forgot Apple ID or Password?” that appears as a brief link below the “Password” fields.
- In the pop-up window that opens, type in your Apple ID. Do so will prompt another window to open.
- In the next pop-up window that appears, you will get prompted to key in the password for your computer user account. In other words, it’s the password that you always use to log on to your computer.
- After entering the computer user password, enter your new iTunes password and enter the password again to verify your identity and then hit on the “Continue” button.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled, you should enter your secure phone number or trusted phone number.
- Having done that, choose whether to use your trusted phone number by clicking on the “Use a trusted phone number” or “Use another device option” and then follow the steps above to change your password using your trusted device.
Alternatively, you can use this procedure in the System Preference Panel located in the iCloud to reset your password by following the steps below.
- Click on the Apple Menu.
- Under the Apple Menu, click on the “System Preferences”
- Next, click on the “iCloud.”
- After that, go ahead and click on the “Account Details” option.
- And then click on the “Forgot password?” After that, you can continue with the previous steps.
TIP: Try login into Apple services or to the iTunes store to confirm whether your new password works or not. If it fails to work, go through the process again, and be careful to keep your valid password.
Change iTunes Password on PC
- On your Chrome browser, go to appleid.apple.com
- Sign in with your Apple ID and a correct password. If you aren’t sure of your password, go for the option for resetting passwords.
- In the “Security” section, click on the “Change password” link.
- Verify your identity by answering your security question. Alternatively, you can confirm your number through which you will receive a code. However, this option for confirming your number only appears if you have enabled two-factor authentication enabled on your account.
- Enter the code sent to your phone into the Apple ID website to continue resetting your password.
- Next, enter your old password into the first field and then enter your new password in the box and then enter it again to confirm it in the next field. By successfully changing the password, all other devices logged in with the old password will get logged out. Therefore, you should sign the in a fresh using the new password.
- Log in using your new password to confirm its functionality. If it doesn’t work, you should repeat the process.
Change Forgotten iTunes Password
- Navigate to iforgot.apple.com on your preferred browser.
- In the page that opens, enter your Apple ID username in the field provided.
- After that, click on the blue “Continue” button.
- Choose how you want to reset your password. You can choose email, confirm your number, Answer the security question, or enter the recovery key. Depending on the one you used during a count sign up, you can choose the most convenient way to go. If you have two-factor verification enabled, you will receive a password reset code in your trusted device.
- After that, retrieve your code and key it in the required field.
- Create your new password and type it inside the “Current password” box, and then your new password in the “New password” field and finally confirm the password in the last box.
- When done with that, you can click on the “Reset password” button to make the changes. Doing that will automatically log out all the devices that were previously signed in with the Apple ID. Your account is now ready to use. And you can log back to iTunes using the new iTunes password.
TIP: Regardless of the way that you use to change your password, it’s recommended that you try logging in to the apple services after or iTune store to confirm if your changes were effected in the right way. If the password doesn’t go through, you should repeat the process. Also, you should store your new password safely for convenience purposes.