Netflix has grown to become one of the most popular movies streaming platform, not just in the US but worldwide.
Here we see how to unlock geo-restricted content.
Change Netflix Region without VPN
Their obvious way to watch Netflix is through a routing mechanism known as VPN. But, people want to find out ways without it, why? Because not all VPNs work fine and they are also expensive.
- The ways you can make a change to your Netflix region in the Android or iOS app is through a VPN.
- If you are using a PC, Mac or Linux machine, then you cannot use these Android/iOS VPNs for which you need a different method, without VPNs.
- Fortunately, there is something called proxy, which acts via the web browser and acts in tandem with it. These are called add-ons, extensions and so on different browsers like ‘Firefox’, ‘Safari’, and ‘Chrome’.
- For example, you can find a Chrome extension that allows you to change your country. But, in a way you can also call then VPNs but not the way you know them. These work as an add-on with your browser.
- You do not have to install any third-party software on your computers like an app that you have to download from ‘Play Store’ or ‘App Store’ and then install it.
Change Netflix Region on TV
Some Smart TVs allow you to change the region or country in the settings for example in the Samsung Smart TV models of ‘H’, ‘K’, and ‘F’ series in the market.
- You can always find out whether your Samsung Hub Smart TV is ‘H’ or ‘F’ series, and then make the changes.
- In the ‘Menu’> ‘Smart Hub’> ‘Reset Smart Hub’ you can choose your network and PIN when doing the first time.
- Then, you can go to the supported countries in the settings that can be accessed via remote control. The exact buttons are model specific, and series specific that you can know from your dealer.
- You can make this change when you are allowing the ‘Terms & Conditions’ when doing the setup for the first time, just like installing an OS on your computer and setting a time region.
- Continue the setup as usual, and you are good to go. The usual counties supported are France, UK, US, Brazil, Germany, Australia and more.
Change Netflix Region on Free
The freeway to change the Netflix region is also the easiest way here. That is, using VPNs that work for free on your smartphone and through extensions on your computer.
- You can find a compiled list of free working VPNs for Netflix online published by reviewers.
- Download a couple of them and test it on your device.
- Whichever works, stick to it. In some cases, they also have very affordable monthly plans, which if needed you could make use of.
- The ‘Step 1’ method can be used to unblock sites that are not allowed in your country by changing the location/region.
- For official help you can visit – https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24853.
How do I change my region on Netflix for free?
- First set up a Netflix account if you haven’t already.
- Next download, install and login to a VPN from our list below.
- Now connect to a VPN server in your selected country.
- Go to the Netflix website.
- Now log in to Netflix if you haven’t already and choose your movie or show.
Is changing Netflix country illegal?
How do I change my Netflix region on my smart TV?
- Choose a premium VPN.
- Install the VPN and connect to a server in your target country.
- Head to your smart TV’s settings, switch the region, and enjoy the new available apps and content.
How do I change my region?
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Settings General Account and device preferences. Country and profiles.
- Tap the country where you want to add an account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a payment method for that country.
How do I know what Netflix region?
Which country has best Netflix?
Why is Netflix region locked?
Does any VPN work with Netflix?
Netflix libraries by country.
Is VPN legal?
Why VPN is not working Netflix?
Who has the fastest VPN?
ExpressVPN speed test data.
|Average Connection Speed – North America (USA)||135.7 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Europe (UK)||134 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Asia (Hong Kong)||136 Mbps|
Is using a VPN faster?
Which country VPN is best for PUBG?
- Surfshark VPN.
Which country VPN is best?
- Switzerland. Data Privacy Laws: Federal Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Iceland. Data Privacy Laws: EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Malaysia. Data Privacy Laws: Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)