Internet folks who don’t use Spotify, Deezer or even YouTube for listening to music are likely a SoundCloud user.
The internet platform is quite easy to use when you’re searching for a quick song or if you want to get your music knownBesides, this app is also multi-platform, which means you can use it on any device that you haveIf there’s one thing that confuses a lot of its users, that would be changing the profile picture and the header.
SoundCloud is available in iOS, Android, Linux, PC, and macOS. It is also accessible to any working browser. Please take note: Android users cannot replace their profile picture in the Android app. You can still change your profile and header settings via the browser or other available platforms.
1. Changing your profile picture on desktop mode
This method is usually the best in getting the profile picture changed. The process is usually smoother and easier to follow. Also, you can do this to any of your devices, as long as you have a browser. Phone users can use the desktop mode option in their mobile browsers.
- Go to soundcloud.com and login to your account, if you haven’t already.
- In the menu on top, find your name and click on “Profile.”
- Hover the mouse on your profile picture and select “Update Image” when it appears.
- Select the image that you want to use from the file explorer.
- Adjust your photo placement to get a centered result.
- Click Save, and you’re done.
2. Changing your profile picture on iOS
If you downloaded the iOS port of the app, changing the profile picture, as well as changing the header, is already in-built to the application. Follow these steps to replace your profile picture and header with the same app.
- Open the SoundCloud app and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile and tap the three dots in the upper hand corner of the screen.
- An option to “edit profile” should appear; tap it and continue to the next screen.
- You should find your profile picture with a camera outline; click it.
- Select the picture that you want to use and save your settings.
3. Changing your profile header
A header will make your profile a lot more interesting and aesthetically pleasing. You can either do this in the browser or the iOS app. The process is pretty much the same. For optimal results, please follow the recommended file size and pixel dimension.
- Select an image that is at least 2450 x 520 px and less than 2 MB. Make sure that your image is in a jpg or png format.
- Avoid images with texts, as the site will grab the texts and zoom into it.
- At your profile, click the “Upload Header Image” option.
- You would be asked to reposition your header (this will not happen if your image is less than 2450 x 520 px.
- After repositioning, click the “save” button, and you’re ready to go.