What if you took a name in a hurry and now want to change your Snapchat username? Here are some tips about how to go about it?
Change Snapchat Username without Deleting Account
So, the first choice would really be to go ahead, delete this account, and create another one. Is it Right? But, what if you do not wish to do that? Are there any other ways?
- First, you would like to read this Snapchat support article to understand the reasons behind this issue.
- One thing you need to understand that the ‘Display Name’ and the ‘Username’ are different, and while one can be modified, the other cannot be.
- You can easily modify the ‘Display Name’ that your friends will see without deleting your account to creating a new one. This feature is right there in the ‘Settings’.
Change Snapchat Username Android
So, let us see the steps for an Android smartphone about how to make that change. Snapchat’s iOS version is also very identical in UI, so it should not be an issue at all. So, on your phone, open the Snapchat app and click on your ‘Profile’ icon.
- This is always on the top-left corner of the main screen you get when you launch the app, and you start from here.
- You can reach the settings page by tapping on the ‘Gear’ icon on the top-right corner of this page. This is your profile page now with things like ‘Add Friends’, ‘Add to my Store’ and so on.
- When you reach the ‘Settings’ page after clicking the ‘Gear’ icon, you find two things: ‘Name’, ‘Username’.
- When you look closely you can find that the username cannot be edited; only shared but, the name field can be modified.
- Just tap on it, change the first and last name, and this changes the display name your friends will see.
Change Snapchat Username without Losing Streaks
You must know that your Snapchat’s streaks and bitmojis will all be lost if you delete your account just to change the username. As mentioned above, the username cannot be modified.
- If you decide to take up a new username, it goes without saying that you have to get another account.
- Your snap score, snap friends, streaks, will be lost, and you will have to manually add all your friends now.
- You can create a new account and it does not mean that you have to delete the old one right away, take your time to transfer the data and then get the new one.
- This article (https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/download-my-data) from Snapchat support tells how to safely transfer data from old to a new account.
- Don’t forget to hit the save button after making the modifications.
The username is a unique identifier and it does not hurt the display or screen name other sea.