In this guide, you will learn about various ways by which you can connect your mobile with your TV to watch Netflix.
How to connect Netflix from android and iPhone to Non-Smart TV
The first method uses physical connection between mobile device and TV using HDMI port and the second method uses wireless connection using MirraCast.
Using HDMI Cable
Take a HDMI cable and connect it’s one end with the TV and the other end with the mobile through a HDMI to Micro USB converter. Now, set your TV to read signal from HDMI port to which the cable is connected.
Play Netflix on mobile browser or app, that will also play it on your TV.
Using MirraCast or Chromecast
This method gives better experience than the above one, but sometimes the video may lag due to wireless limitations.
- Plug your Miracast or Chromecast device in your TV’s HDMI.
- Switch your TV signal to HDMI to which your device is connected.
- Cast your mobile screen to TV.
- Play your content on Netflix and watch it on TV too.
How to connect Netflix from Android to TV using Netflix 2nd Screen
The Netflix app in your mobile has ability to connect and stream to TV’s and allows you to control Netflix from mobile.
- Make sure that your mobile and TV are connected to same WIFI network.
- Open Netflix app on your TV and smartphone.
- Sign in with the same account, both on your TV and smartphone.
- Tap on Cast icon located at the upper right or lower right corner of the mobile screen.
- Select the TV device to play media on.
- Select media to play on TV.
- You can now play, pause, forward, rewind or change volume using your smartphone.
How to connect Netflix from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using 2nd Screen
To connect Netflix from apple’s iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your smart TV using 2nd screen, almost the steps are same as the android guide described above. You can also use suitable converters to connect HDMI cable to your apple device from one side and other side to your TV. However, if you are using smart TV, then the recommended way is to use 2nd screen. But in case, your TV is not smart the recommended way is using Miracast or Chromecast.
Why can’t I stream Netflix from my phone to TV?
How can I put Netflix on my TV?
- Press the Home or Menu button from your remote.
- Select Apps.
- Search for the app you want to install by selecting Magnifying glass icon.
- Type Netflix.
- Select Netflix and wait for it to download.
- Select Netflix from your App Menu.
How can I watch Netflix from my phone to my TV without WIFI?
What HDMI cable do I need to connect my phone to my TV?
Can I connect my phone to my TV without WIFI?
Therefore, no Wi-Fi or internet connection is required to mirror your phone screen onto your smart TV. (Miracast only supports Android, not Apple devices.) Using an HDMI cable can achieve similar results.
How do I pair my phone with my TV?
How do I connect my phone to my TV without HDMI?
Google Chromecast is a user-friendly way to establish a wireless connection between your Android phone and TV. All you need to do is attach a dongle to your TV and your Android’s phone Display will be on your TV. Plug Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV.
How do I connect my phone to my TV using USB?
Simply connect your cable to your phone, then to the TV. With the standard USB end of the cable connected to your display, change the input on your TV to USB. On Android, it’s likely you’ll need to change your USB settings to Transfer files or Transfer photos (PTP).
How do I connect my phone to my Smart TV?
Can I connect my phone to my LED TV with a USB cable?
Can I use the USB port on my TV to watch movies?
Why won’t my phone connect to my TV via USB?
What is the USB port on my TV for?
Can USB connect to TV?
For Android devices, a USB cable can help you connect your phone or tablet to your TV, provided it has a USB port. If you’re connecting to a smart TV, go to Source>USB to enable file transfers, instead of just charging the phone or tablet via the TV.
How do I connect USB to TV with HDMI?
Then, plug the HDMI cable into your TV and the USB to HDMI adapter and plug the USB cable into the adapter and your computer. No extra cables or power is needed! At that point your computer will recognize the adapter and the TV and initialize it.
How do I connect my phone to my TV using Bluetooth?
How do I pair my phone to my Samsung TV?
- Download the SmartThings app.
- Open Screen Sharing.
- Get your phone and TV on the same network.
- Add your Samsung TV, and allow sharing.
- Select Smart View to share content.
- Use your phone as a remote.
How do you stream from phone to TV?
Ads by Google