Having the Netflix app on your phone or device is great because it means that you can take your favorite shows and movies anywhere you go. But viewing your entertainment on those small screens is not quite as enjoyable as getting the full experience by linking your television to your Netflix account and watching those shows and movies on your T.V. Here’s how you can link your television to your Netflix account.
Make sure that your T.V. is equipped with the Netflix app
- Most Smart T.V.s come equipped with the Netflix app at the time of purchase.
- If there is not a Netflix button on the remote control associated with your Smart T.V., check to see if the Netflix app is available. It should be found with the other internet applications that your Smart T.V. is equipped with.
- If you need help finding the Netflix app on your Smart T.V., go to the help center on Netflix’s homepage. From there you will be able to enter the brand name of your television, and you will be given instructions for how to check if your T.V. has Netflix capability.
- If you do not have a Smart T.V., other devices such as gaming consoles and Blu Ray players may also be Netflix capable. Visit devices.netflix.com to see if your device is compatible with Netflix.
- In some cases, you will need to update the software on your Smart T.V. or compatible device.
- If you do not have a compatible device or Netflix equipped Smart T.V., look into a streaming media player or consider purchasing a Netflix compatible device.
Log in to your Netflix account via your Smart T.V. or other compatible device
- Select the Netflix app from your Smart T.V. or compatible device and follow the prompts to log in to your account.
- Your account profile should appear on your television screen. Simply select the show or movie that you would like to watch just as you would from your computer, laptop or mobile device, and enjoy your favorite shows on your television’s screen.
- Log out the same way that you would from your computer, laptop or mobile device.
List of Netflix compatible brands and devices:
- Nvidia Sheild
Fore more information on these and other devices, visit the devices page on Netflix’s website
How do I setup Netflix on my smart TV?
- Select Internet@TV from the Home screen, or press Internet@TV on the remote.
- Select Netflix.
- Select Sign In. If you do not see Sign In, select Yes on the Are you a member of Netflix? screen.
- A code will appear. Enter this activation code at netflix.com/activate.
How do I get Netflix on my TV with HDMI?
How can I get Netflix on a non smart TV?
Why can’t I get Netflix on my TV?
Turn off or unplug your smart TV. Unplug your modem (and your wireless router, if it’s a separate device) from power for 30 seconds. If your router is separate from your modem, plug it in and wait until no new indicator lights are blinking on. Turn your smart TV back on and try Netflix again.
Why does Netflix not work on my Samsung Smart TV?
How do I reconnect to Netflix?
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug both your modem and router and wait 30 seconds.
- Plug in your modem and wait until no new indicator lights are blinking on.
- Plug in your router and wait until no new indicator lights are blinking on.
- Turn on your device and try Netflix again.
Can’t connect to Netflix VPN?
Why is Netflix not connecting to Internet?
Can’t connect to Netflix on phone?
- From the home screen on your device, navigate to Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Apps or Applications.
- Select Manage Applications, Application Manager, or Manage All Apps.
- Scroll down and select Netflix.
- Select Storage.
- Select Clear Data or Clear Storage, then OK.
- Try Netflix again.
Why does my device not support Netflix?
Why is Netflix telling me to finish setting up my account?
How do you update Netflix on TV?
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: Select Apps — Google Play Store — Settings — Auto-update apps — Auto-update apps at any time. (Android™ 8.0 or later)