Spotify is a popular music streaming service that has been a pioneer for artists and users.
With different plans, including free service, it is going strong.
- How to Connect Spotify to Discord?
If you were unaware of this service called ‘Discord’, here is a perfect summary for you. This is a proprietary freeware that allows free voice and text chat for gamers when online. Released just 4 years ago, it is available for all major platforms including Linux and web browsers. With Spotify and Discord together, you can now see and play what your friends are listening to, chat with them, have a party.
- Here is the Spotify support article that explains the integration in detail. The steps are brief and to the point.
- You have to go to your computer, a desktop, and download the Discord app based on your platform. Install it and then open it.
- Click on ‘Connections’ on the menu on the left panel, and click on ‘Spotify’. A web-page will open up for the next steps.
- Just ‘Log-In’ to Spotify with your credentials and then click ‘Okay’ to confirm the terms and conditions. Then the integration is complete.
- If you wish to disconnect it, you can also do that with one click. Just go to ‘Connections>Spotify’, and click on the ‘X’ sign in top-left of the green box. Then, click on ‘Disconnect’ to confirm.
- Now, if you are a Spotify Premium user, you also have a feature called ‘Listen Along’, while text chatting at the same time as your friends.
- You just have to open the Discord desktop app, click on a friend who is listening to Spotify currently and click on ‘Listen Along’ icon to tune into the track.
- How to Connect Spotify to Facebook?
Facebook is a popular social media site where you can make your profile and invite friends for socializing without having to leave your home. You can listen to music, have video conversations, and play games all from the comfort and safety of your home. Now, Spotify can be integrated into your profile with a simple click.
- You can read about it at Spotify’s support pages here and also learn how you can use Spotify without Facebook as well, in the link above.
- First, about connecting Spotify to Facebook, you will have to use the mobile or tablet app, and even desktop app. So, there is no problem with it.
- When on desktop, you ‘Sign-In’ to your Spotify app, click on the ‘Downward Arrow’ icon on the top-right corner of the page.
- Then, click on ‘Settings’, and from under social, scroll down to Facebook, and then click on ‘Connect to Facebook’.
- Then, you will be asked to enter the credentials, that is, your Facebook’s username and password. Once you ‘Log-In’, you may be asked to agree to their privacy terms and conditions. Then click on ‘Log-In’.
- Now, if using the mobile or tablet version of the app, you have to tap on ‘Home’ icon, and then the ‘Cogwheel’ or ‘Gear’ icon for settings, then go to ‘Social>Facebook>Connect to Facebook’. Enter your credentials and ‘Log-In’.
- How to Connect Spotify to Alexa?
Now, it may come as a surprise but when you have Amazon on your side, the landing page and instructions to setup look way more pretty. Here (https://www.spotify.com/us/amazonalexa/) is their landing page that explains the complete procedure. You also have added benefits with a premium account, in this case, using Alexa.
- Amazon’s Alexa is a voice assistant which can now be integrated with Spotify to allow voice search and control your tunes on your favorite music player in your pocket.
- First, you will need to upgrade to Spotify Premium, which you can find online. It is super easy. You have to ‘Log-In’ to your Spotify account at ‘spotify.com/account/’.
- Then, click on ‘Subscriptions’ in the menu on the left, and click on ‘Get Premium’. Then, enter your payment details and click on ‘Start My Spotify Premium’.
- Now, you have to set up Alexa using the Amazon Alexa app. Download and Install it on your device. Inside the app, go to settings, then music & media, and link your Spotify account to it.
- To do that, tap on ‘Choose Default Music Service’, and then select Spotify. Then, you can simply ask ‘Alexa, What Song is this’?
- How to Connect Spotify to PS4?
If you are fond of your PlayStation and want to integrate Spotify on it so that you can play games and listen to your favorite music at the same time, here are the steps to do so. This explains how to set-up and use Spotify on ‘PlayStation Music’ and ‘PlayStation 4’.
- Here is the link which explains the steps and other FAQs you might have.
- You have to ‘Sign-Up’ for a new Spotify account on your PS4, and if you already have one, then you can link your existing account too.
- You have to go to PlayStation music and then click on ‘Spotify’ on the content launcher. You can search for Spotify on the PlayStation store, and then ‘Log-In’ to your account. If you are a premium subscriber, you can use connect too.
- There are many other things that you will need to know if you are a beginner and have never used Spotify on PS4. So, read all the things in the link above.
- How to Connect Spotify to Car?
There are several ways, like half a dozen ways, to play your Spotify music in your car. For example, any Bluetooth supported device such as your car’s stereo, speakers, watch and more can play Spotify via the Bluetooth from your smartphone. Currently, Spotify supports CarPlay, AndroidAuto, Cable, Bluetooth and a dedicated Spotify app for car media systems.
- First, go to this link (https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/in_the_car/can-i-use-spotify-in-my-car/) on Spotify support pages to learn about all these ways.
- First, you need to have Spotify Premium (for some cars) if you need integrated. Music service built into your car’s infotainment system. You can learn if your car is supported by ‘spotify-everywhere.com/pages/product-categories’.
- When you do that, Spotify’s app which comes in-built into these cars can be used to play your music. But, if your car doesn’t support them, below are some ways.
- Then, you have your iPhone that you can connect to Apple CarPlay on the compatible car models, and Google’s AndroidAuto on their compatible car models.
- Of course, the days of cables where you could directly plug-in the AUX or USB cable from your smartphone to your car is a definite option here.
- How to Connect Spotify to Instagram?
People are trying to find out ways to share their favorite songs from Spotify to Instagram, both as stories and otherwise. Now, you can share a sticker of your favorite song from Spotify directly to Instagram and connect.
- Just tap on the ‘Share’ button in the Spotify app, and then your content is pulled directly to the Instagram camera. From there you can edit your story or send it via direct.
- You do not have to connect your Instagram account to other apps, to share to stories. This is useful for privacy.
- Second, we know that Instagram can directly extract songs from background apps. So we can use this here to add background songs to your Instagram stories.
Launch your Spotify app, and play the song you like. You can use the time bar to choose the section of the song you like. Then, launch the Instagram app.
- Tap on the ‘Camera’ icon on the top-left corner, and go and play the song on Spotify, and come back, touch and hold the shutter button on Instagram to start recording.
- Finally, tap on the ‘+’ button at the bottom to upload your Story.
- How to Connect Spotify to Tinder?
With Tinder, you can directly add your Spotify account to add your favorite songs to your profile. This helps you let others know your taste in music. When you connect your Spotify account to Tinder, you can let others know your interests, music preferences and pin an anthem that you think defines your Tinder profile. And, also listen to other people’s anthems.
- Just tap on the Tinder app on your smartphone, iOS or Android, does not matter. Tap on the ‘Profile’ icon, and tap on the ‘Pencil’ icon to edit your details.
- Scroll down to find my top Spotify artists, and then click on ‘Add Spotify to Your Profile’. Then, you have to ‘Log-In’ with your Spotify’s username and password and ‘Log-In’. You can also disconnect yourself from Spotify using the same process.
- You can set your anthem on Tinder, with or without a Spotify account, and also play reviews of other people’s top songs from their Tinder profiles.
- Tap on ‘Edit Info’ on your Tinder profile to view your Spotify options, and to connect your account or more options, tap on ‘Show Your Music Interests’. Finally, tap on ‘Connect Spotify’.
- How do I Get Spotify with Hulu?
Adding Hulu to your existing Spotify account means, that you’ve to upgrade it to Spotify Premium first. You just have to visit your services page, and then tap on ‘Activate’ on the Hulu banner. However, you can get this as a bundle when you are new to Spotify Premium, and get your free first-month trial.
- As of now, getting Spotify with Hulu, as a bundle, will cost you around $10 per month. But, if you’re a student, you can go and check this link on Hulu.
- You can find some interesting issues and FAQs here, and clarify any concepts. For example, the combined Spotify Premium for students + Hulu only give access to. The supported plans, and cannot be extended to Hulu (No Ads) or live TV pan.
- However, if you choose to go with this plan first, and then upgrade to Hulu (No Ads) or live TV, then you have to go and subscribe to them separately.
- To do that you have to go to your Spotify for students (https://www.spotify.com/us/student/) account, and choose your plans. First, you have to deactivate Hulu, and then renew your subscription directly through Hulu.
- If you have separate Spotify and Hulu accounts and want to bundle them together, you can do so. If you have Spotify but not Hulu, you can still bundle it and also the vice versa situation is supported.
- How to Play Spotify on Sonos?
You can play Spotify on Sonos for free, but you have to make sure that you’re using the latest version of their apps on your smartphone. You can, in theory, do this without Spotify Premium. For this, here are the steps below.
- First, you launch the Sonos app and set up your Wi-Fi speakers to play using this app. When both your Spotify and Sonos are on the same Wi-Fi, it is directly possible to do that.
- Then, tap on ‘Add Music Services’ and select Spotify. Make sure you have turned on control Sonos from Spotify inside the settings of Sonos app.
- Now, start the Spotify app on your phone, and play the music you like. You can select ‘Devices Available’, and select the Sonos speaker from the list.
- A Spotify Premium account is required for being able to use Sonos speakers from inside Spotify, otherwise.
- Here are the links from Spotify (https://www.spotify.com/us/sonos//), and then from Sonos that give you complete details on the steps and instructions.
- Sonos is available on both mobile (via Play Store and App Store), and computer (for Mac and PC). You can even group multiple rooms and multiple devices using the Sonos and Spotify app, by adding devices.
- From inside the Spotify app, you can control Sonos speakers by adding them. Go to Spotify app, launch it, and go to ‘Now Playing’ screen and at the bottom look for devices available. Tap on it and when your Sonos speakers are connected to Wi-Fi, you can find them here.
- Just select them, and add them to the group. With Sonos and Spotify you can stream music at 320kbps in OGG format.
- How to Connect Spotify to Google Home?
You can play Spotify via Amazon Alexa, and then also using Google’s voice assistant as well.
- When it comes to listening everywhere and voice control you can also use Google Home for that matter, as in this link (https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/spotify-on-google-home//).
- To do this, you need to have Google account, Google Home app, launch it, and tap on the ‘Menu’ on the top-left corner.
- In the ‘Account Preferences’, go to ‘Linked Media Accounts’, and select Spotify, and tap on ‘Link Account’. That’s it, ‘Log-In’ to your Spotify, and click on ‘Okay’ to confirm integration.
- How to Connect Spotify to TV?
You can play Spotify on your TV as well. And, from spotify-everywhere.com you can find if your product is supported and its required instructions. Here are the steps for TV, as per Spotify’s support pages.
- You can do this via half a dozen ways using Spotify’s app which comes with many TV manufacturers inbuilt. Check for the compatibility of your product.
- You can use your phone and tablet and use Spotify connect for remote connection, or use Apple AirPlay for example.
- You can set it up with Google Chromecast also, and finally using your game consoles like above using PS4.
- Each has its list of instructions, and you can easily use any of the one based on availability.
- If you are using a Linux system, then you can download Spotify for Ubuntu from their software center, or install using ‘Snap Package Manager’. Go to Spotify’s website, and click on ‘Download’ on the top-right corner, and based on your OS, it will suggest you the right download page.
- If you are Premium and using listen along on Spotify, but your friend is on Spotify free, you will listen to silence or no audio when they are hearing ads.
If you like, before getting a paid subscription, you can test Amazon Alexa by going for a free trial for Spotify Premium.