Microsoft Excel is primarily used to organize or store data in rows and columns and also for various kinds of numerical calculations. Converting an excel spreadsheet or a part of it into PDF is a simple task for anyone with basic MS Office Knowledge, even though it is not as easy as that to convert it back. There are several online and offline ways to do the conversion process and here are some ways or steps to help you with that.
Convert within Microsoft Excel
Storing excel files in PDF format makes it more convenient to print, send, distribute among a group or organization, etc. To begin with, you have to choose the desired spreadsheet you want to convert into PDF format, click on the file tab and you will see the “Save As” or “Export” option.
- As soon as you click on that option, a sidebar will emerge showing “Save as PDF” or “Create PDF” option. You have to select that, and it will lead you to a pop-up box with the details of the PDF file you want to create.
- Select the appropriate details range, and what all to add or include in the PDF file, pages, whether the entire workbook is to be converted or a part of them, etc. and click “OK” after completing the criterion.
- This will link you to another pop-up where you can decide where to save your file. After choosing the file destination, choose any one of the optimization options and name the file.
- Finally, click “Save” to complete the process. You will be able to access the PDF file in your device folder.
Convert into PDF Format Online
There are several sites that offer conversion of excel into PDF free of cost. They are comparatively less secure as compared to the conversion among the MS Excel and also require an internet connection, but are still an instant way to do so.
- All you have to do is find a suitable site for the conversion and open it. Once you open it mostly, you will see a “Choose File” or “Select File” option. Click on that and a box will pop-up which will lead you to your device’s folders.
- You can also choose the file to convert from Google docs, Dropbox, etc. Choose the excel spreadsheet or workbook which you want to convert and open it or drag it down according to the instructions of the online conversion site.
- Once you do that the site will instantly convert the files into PDF. After the whole conversion process, click on the download option and the file will get saved to your desired device folder.
- After the download process, you will be able to access the PDF file in the previously mentioned folder.
Convert Excel to PDF with Software
Generally, PDF conversion software can be free of cost or not but they indeed offer you many advantages such as several tools and advanced options. These can be installed into your device and then the conversion can be done easily without an internet connection.
- They also simplify the whole process and also are more secure than online sites that offer the same. Also, they include technological features to convert PDF files into other formats. Some online sites may have a size limit for conversion, but software might not possess that problem.
- The first step you have to do is install the software. Open the software and you will see a “Create PDF” option in the window. Choose any excel file you wish to convert and open the same and the conversion process will get initiated. Click on any end option which is displayed on the screen.
- Now the PDF file is created and you can edit the file, add images or other features. After that click on the “Save As” or “Save” option available which could be either displayed directly on the page or can be selected from the File tab.
- Make sure the file is saved in the PDF format in the suitable file destination. You might be able to access the PDF file from your device folder.
Converting the PDF from the Excel Sheet in Android and iOS
The primary step in carrying out the conversion process in androids or iOS is by making sure that the device is connected to the internet. After that, install the MS Excel application into your device.
- Open the file which you want to convert into PDF format and click on the menu option from the upper corner, from which you will see a send or share option.
- If you click on the send option then you can direct it as an email attachment after choosing the PDF form in iOS and then choose the layout and send the file in mail-in PDF format.
- In androids, you can choose the share option, and a pop-up will ask you to select between workbook or PDF form, from which you are supposed to choose PDF.
After choosing, tap on the allow button which will convert the file into PDF format and present you a number of compatible applications for you to share the file. Decide on the appropriate location for your file, select yourself as the recipient, or share as a draft from where you will be able to later access the created PDF file.
How do I convert Excel spreadsheet to PDF?
- Open a workbook.
- On the File tab, click Save As.
- Click Browse.
- Select PDF from the drop-down list.
- Click Options.
- You can publish a selection, active sheet or entire workbook.
- Click OK and then Click Save.
How do I convert Excel to PDF for free?
- Drag and drop your file to the Excel to PDF converter.
- Wait as the tool saves the spreadsheet to PDF format.
- On the result page, continue to modify the output file if needed.
- Otherwise, download, share or save the file to Dropbox or Google Drive.
How do I convert all columns to PDF in Excel?
- Convert an active sheet, entire workbook or selection to PDF.
- Choose the document orientation – portrait or landscape.
- Define the paper format and margins.
- Fit the sheet, all columns or all rows on one page.
How do I stop Excel from converting to PDF?
How do I export from Excel to Word?
The simplest way to display Excel data in a Word document is to use Copy/Paste. Open the destination Word document. In the source Excel spreadsheet, select the data you want to copy then hit CTRL-C. In the destination Word document, place the cursor where you want the data, then hit CTRL-V.
How do I merge Excel data into a Word template?
What are the six steps of mail merge?
How do I make Excel print on one page?
- Select the document type.
- Start the document.
- Select recipients.
- Write your letter.
- Preview your letters.
- Complete the merge.
Why is Excel printing so small?
- Click Page Layout.
- Select the Page tab in the Page Setup dialog box.
- Select Fit to under Scaling.
- To fit your document to print on one page, choose 1 page(s) wide by 1 tall in the Fit to boxes.
- Press OK at the bottom of the Page Setup dialog box.
What is a page break in Excel?
How do you AutoFit in Excel?
What is the shortcut for AutoFit in Excel?
- Select the column or columns that you want to change.
- On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format.
- Under Cell Size, click AutoFit Column Width.
How do I make a table fit in Excel?
How do I make words fit in Excel?
- Select your table.
- On the Layout tab, in the Cell Size group, click AutoFit.
- Do one of the following. To adjust column width automatically, click AutoFit Contents.
What is Ctrl D in Excel?
- Select the cell with text that’s too long to fully display, and press [Ctrl]1.
- In the Format Cells dialog box, select the Shrink To Fit check box on the Alignment tab, and click OK.