Chromebook being such a worldwide popular operating system, every newcomer to the Chromebook when starts working the very first thing every individual gets confused about is how to start using the basic features in Chromebook.
And the most famous query of those all is ‘How do I copy and paste via Chromebook’.
Well, clearing the air, the copy-paste feature on Chromebook is pretty much same to as those of other systems. Here is some of the very common and simple guiding through how to complete the procedure without any confusion.
Copy a Selected Block of Text
The most commonly copying issues people face with initial steps are the text blocks and they are relatively simple to the other procedures being used. Here are the steps to how-to-do-it effectively.
- Firstly, highlight the text you want to copy to another target place.
- If you have Chromebook touchpad, you will need to press and hold the right button and drag it through the text you want to copy. Check this Google Help article to check how to effectively use Chromebook touchpad.
- If you’re using a mouse pad, the process will be completed with a little more precision.
- Now to copy the text, you can open both the pasting and copying windows side by side and drag the whole text to the box you want it in.
- Once you have saved it, it will remain in your clipboard until you remove it.
Copy and Video or an Image
Another widely material that is needed to be shifted from one place to another is images or videos. However, many think that the process for images and videos is a lot more complicating however it’s not. Here are the simple steps you can easily adapt to the same.
- If you are using your touchpad, the hovers the crux point over the image and double click the right side and click on the copying option.
- And if you are using your mouse pad, then hover the crux point over the image and click the right side and select copy.
- You will receive two options, saying you want to copy the image of the image address. You need only the copy image command.
- If you’re copying a video, you need to copy the embed code of the video, by selecting it from the right click.
Copy a Complete Web Page
Copying a webpage has been tricky with much software, but this is where Chromebook wins. The procedure in Chromebook for copying the webpage is really easy and understandable. Here is the step to step guide for following to result.
- You will first need to click on the neutral area of the web page you want to copy.
- Once you have clicked on the neutral part, hold it and press Ctrl + A. This will lead to a complete selection of the page.
- Once you have selected the whole page you can either drag the webpage to the destination you want to save it in.
- This complete copied material will have everything including from head notes to footnotes and link addresses.
- Sometimes, people confuse copying with a screenshot, if you want a particular part of the page to be saved, then screenshot it and not copy.
Copy-Paste Extensions and Add-Ones
Once you have gotten comfortable with your Chromebook features and get your way around it, getting extensions and all will be suitable. This will create your advanced copies and makes your pasting easier. Here are the steps to do it.
- You need to first go to your link address for the extension or the website adds ones you are willing to copy.
- You will click two times from your right side mouse pad click and you will get two options, copy or multicopy. You need to select multicopy.
- Once you’ve selected that option, choose your target destination and paste it through your mouse by click right and selecting paste.
- Some extensions monotonously speed up your copying process when you select multicopy.
How to Copy and Paste by Using Keyboard Shortcut?
One of the two methods used for copying of materials is through the keyboard shortcuts. It is the same as the shortcuts on the standard systems. Here are the steps to follow.
- Firstly, select Ctrl + A this will lead to the selection of the complete material that needs to be copied.
- Now you have to press Ctrl + C which are the command for copying the material which is needed to be pasted.
- Now you got to the target destination and press the keys Ctrl + V, this will paste your content to the target destination.
- The same Ctrl + A command will be used to copy images or videos too.
How to Copy and Paste by Using the Mouse Pad?
Another measure for copying material from one place to the other is by using the mouse pad. The mouse pad working is relatively easy than the keyboard shortcuts, it just depends on what you are comfortable with. Here are the steps to follow.
- Firstly, select the content you want to copy by dragging the mouse over it.
- Now you have to click on the right mouse side and select copy.
- Now go to the target destination and click paste.
- It is that simple and your material will successfully be moved.
How to Copy and Paste from Trackpad Features?
Copy paste method from the trackpad is confusing as compared to the other methods. Here are the ways to complete it.
- Firstly, select the content you want to copy and select by two clicks from the right side of the trackpad.
- Now go to the destination you want your content posted, and left click it twice to shift the content.
- Once you have done this, save and your data will be secured.
- When copying and pasting your material, make sure you copy it and not choose the options cut, because in case the text or image doesn’t get copied in the other destination, the cut command will make you lose the data.
Mostly, the extensions and add ones are not copied with the data you are trying to copy and that is why individual copying is necessary.