Email is a fantastic option to send and receive files, photos, and other attachments in a minute. You have to create an iCloud email ID before you can use mail on ‘iCloud.com’.
Create iCloud Email Address
You have to create an iCloud – https://www.icloud.com/ email ID to send and receive emails on your iOS device. The following steps will help you create an iCloud ID.
- Open your device and tap on ‘Settings’. Tap ‘iCloud’.
- Tap on ‘Create a New Apple ID’.
- Enter your ‘Date of Birth’ and tap ‘Next’. Enter your ‘First’ and ‘Last’ name and tap ‘Next’. Choose your current email address or create a new iCloud email address.
- Enter your ‘Email Address’ and ‘Create a Password’. Verify your ‘Password’. Select and answer the security question. Check the ‘Terms and Conditions’ box.
- Tap on don’t merge or Merge to sync iCloud data from calendars, Safari, contacts, and reminders. Tap on ‘Ok’ to confirm.
Create iCloud Email Alias
If you have an alias iCloud email ID, you can send emails to your iCloud account without having to disclose your original email ID.
- Go to ‘iCloud.com’ and ‘Sign-In’ with your Apple ID. Click ‘Mail’ and the ‘Gear’ icon on the bottom left corner of the window. Click ‘Preferences’> ‘Accounts’.
- Then click ‘Add’ in alias. Enter an alias for your iCloud email address. If need be, you can label the address to indicate how it is used.
- Click ‘Ok’. Click ‘Done and Close’ or ‘Continue’ to make more aliases using the same steps.
Create iCloud Email on Mac
You cannot ‘Log-In’ to an iCloud email with your Apple ID created based on your email address. This is why you are asked to separate the iCloud email ID.
- Go to Apple ‘Menu’ and select ‘System Preferences’. Choose iCloud and check the box next to the mail, so that it will be enabled.
- Create a new iCloud email address and click ‘Ok’. Once iCloud email ID is created, you cannot change the address, as it binds to the Apple ID. Take some time before choosing your iCloud email ID.
- Click ‘Create’ when prompted. Close the ‘System Preferences’.
- Launch mail app in Mac and ‘Log-In’ in with your credentials. You can find a welcome email from iCloud.
Create iCloud Email on iPhone
If you want to set-up an iCloud email account on your iPhone, you have to follow these steps.
- Open your iPhone and launch the ‘Settings’ app. Tap on ‘iCloud’. Create an iCloud email by completing the onscreen instructions.
- ‘Sign-In’ with your iCloud credentials. Turn on the services you want to sync with your iPhone. Otherwise, you have to use only the default services that are turn on.
Create iCloud Email Online
Creating iCloud email ID is not that tough. All you have to do is to follow these steps properly.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your device. Make sure your data connection is turned on. Tap on ‘iCloud’ and ‘Create a New Apple ID’.
- Enter your ‘Date of Birth’, ‘First’, and the ‘Last’ name in the respective fields and tap on ‘Next’. Choose your current email address or create a new iCloud email address.
- If you are going to create a new email address, create a password for that and ‘Verify the Password’.
- Choose any security question and key in the answer to it. Agree to the ‘Terms and Conditions’. Tap ‘Ok’ or ‘Create’.
Your iCloud email ID cannot be customized after a few days, as it works together with your Apple ID. Therefore, make sure you choose the right ID in the first time itself.
How do I create a new iCloud email account?
- Open Settings.
- Tap on your name at the top.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Toggle Mail on and press ‘Create‘ when the pop up appears.
- Choose the iCloud email address you want.
- Tap on ‘Next’
- Make sure you are happy with it as you can’t change it afterwards.
- Tap on ‘Done’