A pie chart is the most common chart that is used in Excel because it is very useful. It is great if you have to display any visual information. Moreover, if you use excel for tracking the edit and sharing the data, making is a pie chart is the best step. We show you some simple steps to create a pie chart in excel.
Import the Data
The most significant aspect of the pie chart is the data. You can create data from scratch or just import them. However, format it accurately for the chart. A pie-chart in excel will help you in converting a column or row of data. A pie chart is the best option when you have a series of data; none of these values are either 0 or less than zero and have more than 7 categories. With the change in data, the pie-chart will also be updated.
Make a Basic Pie Chart
Make a pie chart on the basis of the data. There are two different ways to do it. Make sure that you choose the cells which will be there on the chart.
- Choose the cells and select Quick Analysis from the context menu.
- You will find Pie listed under the option Charts.
- You can get a preview just by running the mouse over the option.
- Click on the pie chart and it will insert the basic style inside the spreadsheet.
- Choose the cells and select the Insert tab.
- Now, click on the small arrow put on the Chart of the ribbon for opening it.
- You will find the pie-chart in the tab Recommended Charts. In case you do not, click on the option All Charts and choose pie.
- There are options to style, make your choice before clicking OK.
Format Pie Chart
As you have the pie chart in excel, you can simply change the elements like legend, labels, and title. You can also adjust the style, color, and the general format.
Adjust Chart Elements
You can adjust the legend, chart title, and data title with the first menu choice. Moreover, you will get to decide if you want to display the items or not. To access to choose Chart Elements. There are options to format the chart areas that you will find within the sidebar.
Change Chart Style
There is also an option to alter the color and style for the chart from several options. In order to access these items, click on the chart and choose the option Chart Styles, and make the selection.
Apply Chart Filter
Sometimes, you might have to see only particular pieces of the pie or even hide some names in the series of data. This is when the chart filters prove to be useful. In order to access the options, you will have to click on Chart Filters and make the selection.
Resize, Drag, Move Chart
While making the chart, Excel is going to size it and put it in the sheet in one open space. However, there is an option to resize it, move to some other spreadsheet, and drag it some other place.
Add Chart to Presentation
In case you want to place this in PowerPoint presentation, it can be easily done with the action of copy and paste. However, keep in mind that there are various pasting options in Office applications. Paste it with source or destination formatting each linked or embedded data. Or, you can just post it like a picture in the presentation.
How do I create a pie chart with multiple data in Excel?
How do you construct a pie chart?
How do I create a 2020 pie chart in Excel?
How do I create a pie chart with one column of data in Excel?
How do you create a chart?
How do I create a comparison chart in Excel?
The four most common are probably line graphs, bar graphs and histograms, pie charts, and Cartesian graphs.
How can I make my chart attractive?
- Select the data, including both series and headers (all three columns).
- Click the Chart Wizard button on the Standard toolbar or choose Insert –> Chart.
- Click the Next button twice.
- Click the Titles tab.
- Enter an appropriate title for the chart.
- Click Finish.
How do I create a speedometer chart in Excel?
- Waffle Chart in Excel. A waffle chart is a square grid that contains smaller grids.
- Creative Grid Chart to Show Most Busy Time in Excel. This is similar to a waffle chart but instead of the percentage, it shows the density of data in a grid.
- Tornado / Funnel Chart in Excel.
- Circular Progress Chart in Excel.
What is chart of MS Excel?
What are the new chart types in Excel 2016?
What is pivoting in Excel?
Which is not a function in MS Excel?
What are the 5 functions in Excel?
What is IF function in Excel explain with example?
Which is a function in MS Excel?
- The SUM Function. The sum function is the most used function when it comes to computing data on Excel.
- The TEXT Function.
- The VLOOKUP Function.
- The AVERAGE Function.
- The CONCATENATE Function.