- Cutting aluminum sheet can only be easy and safe when you apply the right techniques. In this guideline we give the best ways to cut your aluminum sheet.
- Well, before you initiate the process have ready the Aluminum sheet that you would like to cut.
- To be exact and reduce the probability of making an error, it is advisable that you mark the sheet the place where you want to cut through.
- You may end up wasting your Aluminum sheet if you don’t take this into consideration.
- Make precise cutting marks on the aluminum sheet. You can use a market and straightedge when making straight lines. But when you are cutting angles and patterns, you can use a pattern and a marker/
- Take your jigsaw and place it on the working table. Install the metal cutting blade to the jigsaw.
- We recommend that you use a 24 toothed blade. This is because when the blade has more teeth it becomes easier to cut through the aluminum
- A greater number of blades also tends to smoothen the cutting process. Therefore, install a metal cutting blade that has more blades.
- Before you turn on the jig saw, lubricate the cutting blade with a few drips of cutting oil. This ensures your blades remains cool and durable.
- Wear your safety gloves and glasses and let the process begin.
- Place the jig saw at the point where the cutting of the aluminum sheet will begin.
- Kindly ensure there is a 0.5 inches distance between the cutting metal blade and the aluminum.
- Pull the trigger to activate the cutting metal blade and begin cutting the aluminum following the pattern you have chosen.
- Slowly ease the blade on the aluminum sheet and push it gently but firmly.
- Do not force the blade into the metal as this will end up damaging your blade.
- Let the cutting process continue as you follow the pattern or line.
- Once you are through switch off the jig saw.
Using aluminum grinder
- Clear your working table and place the aluminum sheet on the working table.
- Well, use your marker to indicate where the cutting line should pass through. This ensures you reduce the probability of making an error when cutting your aluminum sheet.
- Connect the aluminum grinder to the power socket.
- Ensure your aluminum grinder has all the security features that protects from any injuries.
- Therefore, before you operate this device it is important to have your safety gloves and glasses on.
- Ensure your install the right cutting wheel that is specifically made for cutting aluminum. It is important to note that there are numerous cutting wheels which are specifically designed to perform different tasks. For that reason choose the right cutting wheel to cut the aluminum sheet
- Turn on the aluminum grinder and cut through the line that you have marked through the aluminum sheet.
Tips: fit your aluminum grinder with abrasive metal-cutting disc. This will help you cut all kinds of aluminum sheet with ease.
What can I use to cut aluminum sheet?
What is the best tool to use to cut aluminum?
How do you cut aluminum sheets at home?
What is the best way to cut Aluminium?
Can I cut Aluminium with an angle grinder?
What is the best saw blade for cutting aluminum?
How many teeth does it take to cut aluminum?
Can I cut aluminum with a jigsaw?
Can I use a hacksaw to cut aluminum?
How do you cut aluminum cleanly?
What is the best hacksaw blade for cutting metal?
How thick can a hacksaw cut?
|Tpi (teeth per inch / 25mm of blade)||Suggested usage|
|14||Large profiles, aluminium, softer metals|
|18||General workshop projects|
|24||Steel plate up to 5/6mm thickness|
|32||Hollow sections and steel tubing|
How do you cut aluminum without power tools?
What is 24 TPI for cutting?
What is the best TPI for cutting wood?
Which saw blade makes the smoothest cut?
Is more teeth on a saw blade better?
Can I cut a 4×4 with a reciprocating saw?
Most reciprocating saw blades range from 3 to 12 inches, meaning they have plenty of length to handle the 3.5-inch thickness of a 4×4 post. The design of a reciprocating saw also makes them ideal for cutting through fence posts that are already in the ground.