There are many reasons as to why you might want to delete your Tinder profile. Perhaps you found a match and have decided to stop looking. Maybe you tried the app and realized that it wasn’t working for you. Regardless of the reason, following these simple steps will ensure that you have deleted your Tinder profile.
Open the Tinder app
- Select the Tinder icon on your phone or device. As a reminder, in case you haven’t used it in some time, the Tinder icon looks like a little red flame.
- Once the Tinder app is open, go to your account settings. Here you will see all of the different options for your Tinder account such as the Terms of Service, in app vibrations for notifications, and features like “Superlikes”.
- At the bottom of this page there should be a button that says “Delete Account”. Press this button to permanently delete your Tinder account.
Confirm that the account has been deleted
- Once you press the “Delete Account” button, you should receive a confirmation message.
- The message should start with “Account Deleted” and it should tell you that your account has successfully been deleted and delinked from your Facebook account.
- It should tell you that if you try to sign back into Tinder with your Facebook account that a new Tinder profile will be created. This is how you can be sure that your current account has been deleted.
Things to remember when deleting your Tinder account:
- Deleting the app from your phone or device does not delete your account. Your account will still be active and open even if you delete the app. Delete your account first by following the above steps before you delete the app. Otherwise you will have to re-download the app to delete your account, then delete the app again.
- Deleting your account means that you will have lost all of your messages and all of the saved matches on your former profile. Be sure that you are ready to part with all of that saved data before deciding to delete your account.
- If you have upgraded to a different version of Tinder and are paying a monthly subscription, deleting the account and the app won’t unsubscribe you from that monthly payment obligation. To unsubscribe, you will have to go into the app store and select “Manage Subscriptions”. There will either be a slide option to remove your auto subscription to Tinder, or a button that reads “Unsubscribe”. Make sure that you select either of those options to unsubscribe from your monthly payment obligation.
If you should change your mind in the future and you would like to give Tinder another try, simply re-download the app and sign in with your Facebook profile. This will allow you to start over with a new profile. You will have to rebuild your profile from scratch with new photos, a new bio, etc. If you have decided to try Tinder again, perhaps a fresh start is the best start!
Can I deactivate my tinder account?
To permanently delete your Tinder account, you must be signed in either on the app or the browser site (Tinder.com). There’s good news if you purchased a Tinder subscription with a credit card through Tinder.com or Android, however: Deleting your account will automatically cancel your subscription.
Can you deactivate tinder without deleting it?
Just deleting the Tinder app from your phone is not enough to get rid of your profile. To take it down, you need to log into the app and visit Settings. Then select “App Settings” and scroll down to “Delete Account.” Once you‘ve done this, the app will give you an “Account successfully deleted” message.
Can you deactivate and reactivate tinder?
Once your account has successfully been deleted, all “likes,” matches, messages, photos, and other information associated with your account will be lost and can never be recovered.
Did he Unmatch or delete tinder?
If you matched with someone, and they unmatched you, they will disappear from you list of matches. But you can’t know for sure if they unmatched you or deleted their account without asking the person or seeing if someone else you know saw them online.
What happens if someone deleted their tinder?
One or a few matches
If only one or even a few of your matches have disappeared, they’ve most likely ended the match or deleted their Tinder account. If they deleted their account and decide to come back to Tinder, you may see that person reappear in your card stack.
How can I tell if someone has deleted their tinder?
The first sign, if it’s a match – Is them disappearing from your matches. When a user deletes their user account, everything is wiped from the system – Their pictures, their location and their matches!
Can you tell if someone is active on tinder?
There is no indicator if someone is active and online using Tinder. The only way to determine if someone is using the app is if their location changes or they are sending messages to your profile.
Does your tinder profile still show up after you delete it?
If I Delete Tinder App Do I Still Show Up? Yes, you will still show up since deleting the app does not delete your account, you‘ll simply fall into the Tinder inactive users pile and still show up to people who venture deep into their potential matches.
How recent is recently active on tinder?
What does Tinder Recently Active mean? Tinder’s Recently Active text will be displayed on profiles that have been active in Tinder in the last 24 hours. However, you won’t see when exactly was the last time they have been active or if they are using Tinder at that moment.
Will I lose my matches if I uninstall tinder?
Deleting your account will permanently delete your matches, messages and other information associated with the account. To delete your old Tinder account: Sign in to Tinder with the Facebook or phone number associated with the account you’d like to delete.
Can I delete and redownload tinder?
Uninstall the Tinder app. Reinstall Tinder. Log into your new Facebook account, then open Tinder and create a new account. You’ll need a new phone number to sign up, unless you wait 3 months in between deleting your Tinder and creating a new one.
When should I delete tinder?
For security reasons, you’ll need to delete your Tinder account while signed in to the app or Tinder.com. Keep in mind, when you delete your account you permanently lose matches, messages, and other info associated with it.
Why is tinder so hard for guys?
Most common reasons are the poor quality of conversations or too much focus on physical attractiveness and not on personality. Tinder sucks most for average guys since men outnumber female users 2:1 and because women are much more selective than men.
Why can’t I delete my tinder?
Open the Tinder app or sign in to Tinder.com. Tap the profile icon. Go to Settings. Scroll down and tap Delete Account.
Why Tinder is a waste of time?
People who use Tinder to find casual relationship or longlasting love could be barking up the wrong tree. Scientists have claimed that the dating app is a ‘waste of time‘ for most people. They found that men and women who found it easy to have one-night-stands in the real world were also able to use Tinder to arrange hook-ups.