Blocked nose or nasal congestion is a condition where it causes a burning sensation in your nose all the way to the end of the nasal passage.
It is a symptom of lots of problems like allergies, lung disease, and even fluIt can even be a side effect of headacheNasal discharge is a normal thing that happens when the person is having nasal congestion.
This is one of the oldest and quickest ways to decongest nasal. This process allows mucus to flow out properly as it loosens and can be washed easily. Usually dust and pollen makes the nose blocked and steam can help you to treat it properly.
- The person can put the towel on the head and lean over the utensil and continuously breathe for around 2 to 7 minutes.
- The temperature of the water should be around 75 to 80 degrees centigrade. With this temperature it will be comfortable for the person to breath properly and it won’t burn the skin.
Saline Spray for Clear Nose
A lot of pharmaceutical companies manufacture saline spray. Saline sprays helps to clear all the mucus from the nose. The person can apply it by removing the cap and shake the bottle. Then tilt the head and exhale. Hold the bottle properly and slowly start squeezing the bottle and exhale through the nose.
- Use the spray properly because if it is not used properly, then the liquid may go down the throat and that could cause problems.
- Some sprays can cause irritation and to avoid that the person should use sprays with not more than 2% of sodium chloride (NaCl).
- There can be times when the person’s nose can start bleeding due to continuous use of the spray. When this happens, immediately stop using the spray and consult a doctor.
The Classical Neti Pot
It was designed to clear out all the mucus from the nasal cavity and help the person from the burning sensation. The solution is made with ¼ spoon of kosher, salt, distilled water which should be around 40 degrees centigrade, and ¼ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Take around 120 ml of the solution and bend the persons head and start pouring the solution in the upper nostril. Let the solution slowly pass to the other nostril and it will start discharging.
- Repeat the whole process till the person feels nice. Increase the quantity from 120 ml to around 500 ml till the nasal passage clears out. Try to do it 1 to 3 times a day.
Use the Salt Water Gargle Remedy
Salt water gargling loosens the mucus from the nasal cavity which later drains out. It is a strong and a recommended remedy as after few uses the dripping completely stops. Take half teaspoon of salt and distilled water. Stir the solution till the salt completely dissolves.
- Gargle for around 2 minutes and keep your chin up and gargle. Don’t forget to spit out the water.
- Plain warm water can also be used if salt causes any problem to the person.
Blow the Nose
Sometimes blowing the nose with full pressure isn’t good. It can cause problems in the ears and even give headaches. It is always said to blow the nose gently while the person keeps the finger on the nostril and repeating the same on the other nostril. This will release the mucus and won’t create any problem.
- Clean the hand and all the fingers to avoid any kind of infection. Infection in the nasal cavity can cause more problems and more pain.
- Sometimes due to blowing the nose, the person can start bleeding. Stop immediately and consult a doctor.
Hot Water Compress
Providing warmth to your nose is definitely the best option to decongest, and one of the most adopted methods for the same is hot water compress. It is a very easy and effective method which will not only decongest your nose but will reduce the amount of sneezing effectively.
- You need a towel and a bowl filled with hot water. Drain the towel in the bowl and immerse completely in hot water. Squeeze out the excess water and keep it on your nose till you start feeling the towel getting cold.
- Once you’re done by doing this for a considerate amount of time, repeat the process and this time spread the towel all over your face, this will prevent the occurring headache and sneezes.
Now when it comes to get rid of that itchy stuffy nose, the most common and must used method should be drinking the right amount of water and keep yourself hydrated al all times. Apart from water you can use any other type of drink to keep your body adequately hydrated.
- Letting those fluids flow in the body will help you get rid of all that extra mucus by thinning the mucus wall in your nasal passage, helping you recover faster from the cold.
- Flow of fluids in your nasal passage will help in decreasing the pressure in your sinuses. And the lesser there is pressure, the lesser will the irritation and inflammation. Warm soups or teas are considerable options.
- The person can change their habits of taking a bath with hot water and this will help the person to decongest. The temperature of the water shouldn’t be more than 45 degrees centigrade. Take bath for around 10 minutes. It will be a great relief.
- Start keeping beautiful houseplants. It helps to clear out all the carbon dioxide from the house and give fresh oxygen to all the people.
Try out various types of soups. Make it a habit. Make the soup with the person’s favorite vegetables and herbs.