Steps To Delete Apple ID On iPhone And Mac Computer
- Back up all your files, emails, documents, messages, and contacts that you don’t want to lose.
- Deauthorize the Apple ID that you want to be deleted.
- Launch iTunes and click on the account menu.
- From a dropdown menu that appears, click on “Authorization.”
- Select “Deauthorize This Computer” from the popup menu that appears.
- Sign in to your Apple ID and type in the password when prompted.
- Select “Deauthorize” to deauthorize iTunes from all computers.
- Click to open iTunes on your PC
- After that, click on the “Store” tab
- Select ”Account” and sign-in to your Apple account
- Type in the Apple ID and password when prompted to open your iTunes account page.
- Click on the “Deauthorize All” option and sign out of your Apple account.
- Sign out from your iPhone and Mac
- On your iPad, Mac or Pc, head to privacy.apple.com using your favorite browser. We haven’t included the iPhone on the list of devices since this option is not available on the iPhone.
- Sign in to your Apple account using your Apple ID and password. Answer any security question or use two-step verification to sign in.
- On the “Apple ID & Privacy” page, click on the blue “Continue” button at the page
- Click on “Get started” under the “Delete Your Account” page.
- Select the best reason for deleting your account from the dropdown box and then click on “Continue.”
- Review the displayed checklist containing the vital information concerning the consequences of deleting your account and click on the blue “Continue” button.
- Read the deletion terms and conditions and check all the boxes and then click on the blue “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the means through which you will receive your account status update. You can choose your email, alternate email, or phone. After that, check on the button for “Use” and then click on the blue “Continue” button.
- Download, print, or write down your unique access code. It is important to note that this is the code that you’ll use to contact Apple support to forward your account deletion request. Also, you can use the code to contact apple support to restore your account should you change your mind after a short time. After noting the code, click on the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
- Key-in your access code to confirm that you have received it. After that, review the essential details associated with account deletion and then click on the red “Delete Account” button at the bottom of the page. After that, you’ll wait for seven days for your account to get deleted completely. Meanwhile, your account will remain active for seven days. If you change your mind before the seven days elapse, you can still recover your account. Remember to sign out from all other devices if you had not yet done it earlier.
Can I delete an old Apple ID?
You can not delete an Apple ID. It is asking for the password because you have an app on the devices trying to update that has been purchased on the old Apple ID. Purchases are permanently linked to the Apple iD that they were made on.
What happens if you delete Apple ID?
If you delete your entire Apple ID, you will no longer have access to: iTunes Store, App Store, and Apple Books purchases you made in the past. Any photos, videos, or documents you have stored in the cloud — those will be permanently deleted. Any subscriptions you signed up for using your Apple ID will be cancelled.
How do I delete an old Apple ID without the password?
You cannot sign out of or delete an account without knowing the password. That’s basic account security. So you will have to recover the account and reset the password first. The device is an iPhone 4 with iOS version 7.2.
Can I delete my Apple ID and make a new one with the same email?
Can I remove email from an Apple ID? and reuse the same email to create another Apple ID? Yes you can. The email address is not available because it remains associated with your previous Apple ID. The solution is to log in to https://appleid.apple.com/ with your old Apple ID, and remove that email address from it.
How do I remove an old email address from Apple ID?
Delete an additional email address
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Click Edit in the Account section.
- To delete one of your additional email addresses, click next to the address.
What happens if I delete my Apple ID email?
Keep in mind that deleting an Apple ID account and any associated data is a permanent, irreversible* action. After your account is deleted, Apple can‘t reopen or reactivate your account or restore any of your data, and you will no longer be able to access any of the content and services listed below.
How long does it take for Apple ID to delete?
You can also permanently delete your account and associated info from all Apple services. Apple verifies all deletion requests for security reasons. (Plus, the company wants to make sure you don’t accidentally delete data that you’ll regret trashing). This process takes up to seven days.
How do I remove my Apple ID picture?
Go to yourself, and below the photo is an edit button. Then you can choose to delete the photo. For some reason that option doesn’t appear when you are in the Apple ID section in Settings.
What do I do if someone is using my Apple ID?
Gain control of your Apple ID
Change your Apple ID password and choose a strong password. Review all the personal and security information in your account. Update any information that isn’t correct or that you don’t recognize, including: Your name.
Why does my phone say my Apple ID is being used somewhere else?
This means that someone else may be using your Apple ID. You can follow the instructions here to remove any unknown devices from your account, and then change your password.
Does Apple notify you of suspicious activity?
For the record, Apple will never call you to notify you of suspicious activity. In fact, Apple won’t call you for any reason—unless you request a call first. Phone scams like these are also known as vishing.
How can I tell if someone is using my Apple ID?
Use the web to see where you’re signed in
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page,* then scroll to Devices.
- If you don’t see your devices right away, click View Details and answer your security questions.
- Click any device name to view that device’s information, such as the device model, serial number, and OS version.
What do Apple emails end with?
Depending on when you started using iCloud, your iCloud email addresses or aliases might end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com. No matter which address you send email from, you’ll get all email sent to your @me.com, @mac.com, or @icloud.com email addresses in your iCloud inbox.
Can you tell if someone logs into your Apple ID?
Look at the Devices section. Click on Details. You will see all the devices signed in with your Apple ID. If you have changed your password, anyone else would have been kicked out and may not appear here any longer.
Can you log into someone’s Apple ID without them knowing?
Can you log into someone’s iCloud without them knowing? “Yes”, if the 2-factor authentication feature is turned off. If you want to know how to log into iCloud to check messages, just set your phone as a trusted device to receive information on the “verification” code of that iCloud account.
Ads by Google