Steps To Delete Apple ID On iPhone And Mac Computer
- Back up all your files, emails, documents, messages, and contacts that you don’t want to lose.
- Deauthorize the Apple ID that you want to be deleted.
- Launch iTunes and click on the account menu.
- From a dropdown menu that appears, click on “Authorization.”
- Select “Deauthorize This Computer” from the popup menu that appears.
- Sign in to your Apple ID and type in the password when prompted.
- Select “Deauthorize” to deauthorize iTunes from all computers.
- Click to open iTunes on your PC
- After that, click on the “Store” tab
- Select ”Account” and sign-in to your Apple account
- Type in the Apple ID and password when prompted to open your iTunes account page.
- Click on the “Deauthorize All” option and sign out of your Apple account.
- Sign out from your iPhone and Mac
- On your iPad, Mac or Pc, head to privacy.apple.com using your favorite browser. We haven’t included the iPhone on the list of devices since this option is not available on the iPhone.
- Sign in to your Apple account using your Apple ID and password. Answer any security question or use two-step verification to sign in.
- On the “Apple ID & Privacy” page, click on the blue “Continue” button at the page
- Click on “Get started” under the “Delete Your Account” page.
- Select the best reason for deleting your account from the dropdown box and then click on “Continue.”
- Review the displayed checklist containing the vital information concerning the consequences of deleting your account and click on the blue “Continue” button.
- Read the deletion terms and conditions and check all the boxes and then click on the blue “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the means through which you will receive your account status update. You can choose your email, alternate email, or phone. After that, check on the button for “Use” and then click on the blue “Continue” button.
- Download, print, or write down your unique access code. It is important to note that this is the code that you’ll use to contact Apple support to forward your account deletion request. Also, you can use the code to contact apple support to restore your account should you change your mind after a short time. After noting the code, click on the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
- Key-in your access code to confirm that you have received it. After that, review the essential details associated with account deletion and then click on the red “Delete Account” button at the bottom of the page. After that, you’ll wait for seven days for your account to get deleted completely. Meanwhile, your account will remain active for seven days. If you change your mind before the seven days elapse, you can still recover your account. Remember to sign out from all other devices if you had not yet done it earlier.
Can I delete an old Apple ID?
What happens if you delete Apple ID?
How do I delete an old Apple ID without the password?
Can I delete my Apple ID and make a new one with the same email?
How do I remove an old email address from Apple ID?
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Click Edit in the Account section.
- To delete one of your additional email addresses, click next to the address.
What happens if I delete my Apple ID email?
How long does it take for Apple ID to delete?
How do I remove my Apple ID picture?
What do I do if someone is using my Apple ID?
Change your Apple ID password and choose a strong password. Review all the personal and security information in your account. Update any information that isn’t correct or that you don’t recognize, including: Your name.
Can Apple ID be hacked?
Why does my phone say my Apple ID is being used somewhere else?
Does Apple notify you of suspicious activity?
How can I tell if someone is using my Apple ID?
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page,* then scroll to Devices.
- If you don’t see your devices right away, click View Details and answer your security questions.
- Click any device name to view that device’s information, such as the device model, serial number, and OS version.