Chromebooks are one of the mostly used Hi-Tech devices created. It is sort of a laptop or a tablet, with its very own original operating system. The device is useful because you don’t need to rely on different storage devices like hard drives. Since major data or applications present in the Chromebook is stored in its cloud facility and not in the machine. However, some people get confused on how to delete apps from the same, here are the instructions you can follow.
If Apps are Downloaded from the Play Store
When downloading from Play Store, different cache takes up space along with the parent app becoming the main reason for all that extra space being occupied, leading you to uninstall or delete unwanted applications. You can follow this procedure.
- Make sure which device you use with your Chromebook, the mouse or the tracking pad.
- If you’re using the mouse, long press the right-side hovering over the required app you want to delete.
- If you’re using the tracking pad, then click with two fingers over the desired app and select uninstall.
- Incise you have the tablet, then using the touchscreen, long press over the desired app and select uninstall.
If the procedure doesn’t result in what you tend to happen, you can refer to Google Support Forum.
If Your Apps are Downloaded from the Web Store of Chrome
Similar to the procedure of downloading apps from Play Store, the procedure to delete apps from the web store is also pretty convenient. However, when downloading from a website, certain extra files tend to get downloaded with the original app, resulting in extra occupancy of space. This procedure can be followed to delete the unwanted app.
- Identify the host device you are using with your Chromebook.
- If the host device is the mouse, long press the right side of the mouse hovering it over the desired app and select uninstall as it appears.
- If the host device is a tracking pad, a two finger click hovering over the desired app will do the trick and press uninstall.
- And if you are using chrome tablet or even if it is just the touchscreen, just long press your finger over the desired app and uninstall. Sometimes, the extra files do not follow the removal with parent app; in that case, refer to the community help center from chrome.
If You Want to Remove Linux Apps from Chromebook
Linux apps are the latest creation offered to the users of Chromebook, and the process of removing Linux apps is a lot more complicated than the removal of chrome apps. The process with being complicated is intense and you need to focus throughout the process. Follow the steps given below as it is.
- The first thing to do is open the terminal. Once you’ve opened it, command (app name) fill in the name of your app and then press enter.
- Once this is done, you will get a command saying get the app or delete the app.
- Uses the complete app name even the minor names so that you find the proper app to uninstall.
- Then press “Y” and enter the command to uninstall the application.
- You will have to check the terminal again in order to confirm whether the app is uninstalled or not.
- Once you put in the command, the run window will display the apps and you won’t find yours which means the work is done.
- When it comes to removing applications from your Chromebook, make sure that you take the entire additional file and cache with the parent file as the data won’t be removed completely if the caches are not deleted.
- Chromebook apps are a system based whereas Linux apps are an operation-based app and will be removed from all the operating system internal data. The same does not happen with Chrome apps. The internal data remains intact.
How do I remove icons from my Chromebook?
- Open the Launcher — that’s the circle icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Click the up-carrot to view all of your apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to uninstall by tapping the trackpad with two fingers.
- Select “Uninstall” or “Remove from Chrome.”
- Click “Remove.”
What is the shortcut for delete on Chromebook?
How do I uninstall an app?
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu. My apps & games.
- Tap on the app or game.
- Tap Uninstall.
Where is the delete button on a Chromebook?
Why can’t I delete images off my Chromebook?
Where is the delete button?
How do you delete without a delete button?
What is the shortcut to delete?
|Next word||Ctrl+Delete or Ctrl+Backspace|
What is the Delete command?
Which command is used to delete whole?
How do you delete data from a table?
- First, you specify the table name where you want to remove data in the DELETE FROM clause.
- Second, you put a condition in the WHERE clause to specify which rows to remove. If you omit the WHERE clause, the statement will remove all rows in the table.
What does the delete button do?
How do I delete right?
What is Delete Delete?
How do I permanently delete files from my PC?
Select the item you want to delete. Press and hold the Shift key, then press the Delete key on your keyboard. Because you cannot undo this, you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the file or folder.
How do you permanently erase data so that it Cannot be recovered?
How do I permanently delete files without recovery?
How do I delete a file that won’t delete?
- Method 1. Close apps.
- Method 2. Close Windows Explorer.
- Method 3. Reboot Windows.
- Method 4. Use Safe Mode.
- Method 5. Use a software deletion app.
Ads by Google