Sometimes you only need to bookmark a website for a certain length of time.
To avoid keeping bookmarks and storing information that is no longer necessary, you can delete your unused bookmarksFollow these simple steps to delete your Safari Bookmarks on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
How to Delete your Safari Bookmarks on an iPhone
- Open your iPhone home screen and open the Safari app. You can find it by looking for the blue compass icon with a red and white directional needle.
- Next, tap the Bookmarks icon at the bottom of your screen. It looks like an opened book.
- From the Bookmarks menu, select Edit.
- Look for the Bookmark that you would like to delete, and tap the Minus Symbol that appears next to it.
- Tap the button that says Delete to confirm that you want to delete the Bookmark.
- All you need to do now is tap Done, and the Bookmark is completely deleted.
How to Delete your Safari Bookmarks on an iPad
- Start by opening your iPad to the homescreen, and selecting the Safari Browser.
- Tap the Bookmarks icon in the toolbar at the top of the screen. It can be found in the top left hand corner.It will appear as an open book icon.
- Tap the Edit button near the top of the screen, and then tap the Minus Symbol next to the Bookmark that you would like to delete.
- Tap Done to completely delete the Bookmark from your iPad.
How to Delete your Safari Bookmarks on a Mac
- Open the Safari Browser on your Mac computer or laptop. From the toolbar at the top left hand side of the Browser screen, click on Bookmarks.
- From the drop down menu, select Edit Bookmarks. From here, your list of Bookmarked sites will appear.
Look for the Bookmark that you want to delete. Right click on it, and the select Delete from the menu.