If you are among the few individuals who feel fed up with cash app, perhaps you are searching for ways to erase your account.
There’s nothing wrong if that’s your decisionThe platform allows people to control their accounts on how they wantSo here is a guide on how to delete the cash app account.
- Before you think of deleting your account, you must understand the following:
- Accessing your payment history will be a challenging task after you delete your account.
- You can download the payment history if you want to use it for future reference.
- You can erase the account if you have pending deposits and payments. With that in mind, you must send all funds and ensure you clear your account before you delete it.
- You have to stop any Cash App subscription then prevent all upcoming month expenses before you delete the account.
Deleting Cash App Account Online
- Click on your favorite web browser then visit the Cash App official website.
- With that login to your account using your phone number or your email address. Ensure you use one that you initially used to open the account.
- In case you forgot your login password, hit on the blue “forgot password” hyperlink below then follow the steps.
- Having logged in, this webpage must direct you to the account dashboard. A Request Sign in Code will be displayed on your account. Click on it then after a short time, you will receive a code via SMS or email. This depends on the kind of information you delivered while signing up.
- This process should never be a stressor if you lack a Cash card or a Debit card.
- Key in the code that was sent to you then click on sign in then confirm your identity
- After that, open account and settings then navigate to the personal information area. Begin scrolling down to the bottom side of the account page ten choose on Deactivate account.
- Then, you will be guided to where you’ll be required to give reasons for deleting the account. Ensure you select your best reason then hit on Continue. It’s vital to ensure that message has your email address, full name, and phone number.
- Finally, the customer support team will communicate with you then make confirmations if the account deletion process was successful.
Deleting Cash App Account on an iPhone
If you own an iPhone, you don’t have to be worried about deleting your account. Here’s how to deactivate the cash app account on an iPhone:
- Launch the cash app on your device. It appears as a green icon with a white dollar sign.
- If you have money in the Cash App account, be sure to cash it out. Ensure you transfer your funds to your bank account if you have one. You can use either of the following steps:
- Click on ‘Cash & BTC’
- Tap on ‘Cash Out” your account balance and ensure you write the correct figures
- Then click on ‘Standard’ or “Instant”
- Choose your bank from the displayed list
- Use your online banking information to log in to your account
- Choose an account that you wish to transfer the money to
- Click on “Done”
- Click on the circular icon that looks like a person. It’s located on the top right side of the screen. This displays your account menu.
- Having done that, Move down the account menu then click on ‘Cash Support.’ Check on the options shown on the account menu.
- Navigate down then click on ‘Something Else’. Look at the ‘Cash Support’ It appears as the last option within the first page. Clicking on it navigates you to the ‘Cash Support’ website.
- Click on ‘Account Settings’. Just on the ‘Cash Support’ web page and it’s positioned as the last option.
- With that, Hit on ‘Close my Cash App account’. It appears right there within the ‘Account Settings’ options button.
- Finally, click on ‘Confirm Closing Account’. This is essential to help you confirm the cash app account deletion. This activity signs you out of the account. Afterwards, you will receive a confirmation in your email or via SMS as a proof that your credentials such as email or phone have been cut from your account.
So now you understand “how to delete a cash app account”, and you can see how the account deletion process is easy.