If you want to delete cookies in Google Chrome, you just need to follow a few simple steps.
This will effectively clear out all of the cookies from all of the websites that you have visitedIn this article you will learn how to do this for whatever type of computer or device you are using.
Mac or PC Computer
The process for deleting cookies on Google Chrome is the same for both Mac and PC computers.
- First open up Chrome on your Mac or PC computer.
- Click on the More icon at the top right corner of the screen. It is the icon of three vertical periods.
- Click on More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
- At the top of the window, select a time period. You can also select All Time, which will delete cookies from all of the websites you have ever visited.
- Next you will need to select Cookies and Other Site Data” and then “Cached images files”. Make sure both of these boxes are ticked.
- Click on Clear Data to complete the action.
If you are using an Android smartphone or tablet, you will need to follow these instructions to delete cookies.
- Open the Chrome app on your Android mobile device.
- At the top right part of the screen, select the More option.
- Tap History and then Clear Browsing Data.
- You will need to choose a time range. Select the All Time option to delete cookies from every site you have ever visited.
- Check the Cookies and Site Data as well as Cached Images and Files boxes.
- Tap on Clear Data to finish.
iPhone and iPad
If you want to clear cookies on an iPhone or iPad device, you can follow these simple steps.
- Open the Chrome app on your iPhone iPad.
- At the top right of the browser, select the icon with three vertical dots.
- Tap on History and then navigate to Clear Browsing Data.
- Check both of the boxes that are marked as Cookies, Site Data and Cached images and files.
- Tap on Clear Browsing Data.
- If you want to delete cookies for specific sites, go into the Settings>Advanced Settings>Content Settings>Cookies>See all cookies and site data. You will be presented with a list of sites that you have visited. If you want to delete cookies for a certain site on the list, click the garbage can icon next to it. You can also choose the Remove All option if you want to delete all cookies.
- If you don’t want any of the sites you visit to store cookies on your computer, you can use Incognito Mode. This will let you browse without keeping a history or record of the sites that you visit at all. You can switch into this mode with just the press of a button anytime you want.
How to Remove Cookies from Chrome
Cookies sent from websites and stored on the users systems to record their browsing activities or to remember useful information. If you do not want to save cookies, you can delete them by the following tips.
A browser like chrome saves information from websites in its cookies and caches when you use it. Clearing the cookies frequently will help you save your browser from formatting or loading problems on sites.
- Open Chrome on your computer. You can see three vertical dotted lines at the top right corner.
- Click on the ‘Dotted Lines’. Then click ‘More Tools’ and ‘Clear Browsing Data’.
- You can clear either all the browsing data or the browsing data from a particular time. If you want to delete all the browsing data, click ‘All Time’.
- Now, check to mark the boxes ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’ and ‘Cached Images and Files’. Click ‘Clear Data’.
Cookies are data created by the sites you visit, which makes your online experience easier and simpler. However, users do not want to save cookies to provide more space to their browsers, so it can load faster.
- Open the Chrome app on your Android mobile. Click on the tap ‘More Option’ at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now tap ‘History’ and select ‘Clear Browsing Data’. You need to choose a time range to delete the cookies.
- To delete all the cached data – https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en, select ‘All Time’. Next, check on the two boxes. Select ‘Clear Data’.
On Google Chromebook
Deleting cookies depend on your preferences and the browsing problems you face. If you happen to experience page loading issues or your chrome starts to act strange, you should delete cookies to solve the issues.
- Open your browser and go to the ‘Chrome Menu’. Click on ‘More Tools’. Select ‘Clear Browsing Data’.
- Now, you will receive a dialog box that asks you to select what you want to delete.
- You can choose the time range, how much cookies or browsing history you want to remove from your browser.
- You should select the beginning of time to ‘Delete All the Cached Data’. Now, your Chromebook’s cookies and cache data are deleted successfully.
You can delete cookies on Google Chrome anytime any day using the above-mentioned steps. After deleting cookies, a few settings on your site may change.