While inputting data into excel, duplication is expected to be the biggest error and can hamper the output. Finding each duplication individually results in increase of cost for the organisation and as far as an individual is concerned, it becomes a tiresome job.
But sometimes data duplication can be useful and need a little review before deletion. So what we suggest that first Duplicated cells are to be highlighted, so that reviewing the whole data becomes easy and the process takes less time.
How to Find Duplicate Values
- For Finding and Highlighting Duplication, we have to use Conditional Formatting Function. To use Conditional Formatting Function, First Select the data in which you want to find duplicate data.
- After selecting the data, to highlight duplicate data:
Home -> Conditional Formatting -> Highlight Cell Rules -> Duplicate Values
selecting this option will open a dialogue box; select the most appropriate colours for the highlight purpose.
- Click on OK and you will see that whole duplicate data has been highlighted.
Deletion of Duplicate Data
- To remove the duplicate data, select the data from which you want to delete the duplicate data.
- After selecting the data, Go to:
Data -> Remove Duplicates
- This will open a box like this. Now Selecting Column plays an important role in deletion of duplication of data.
- If the entire Columns are selected by a user then this option will delete only that row in which data is duplicated in each and every column.
For example, if the entire columns are selected in the above stated step then, only Row No 6 will be eliminated because Data in every column of Row 6, Matches the data in every column of Row 1.
- Continuing from the above point, if we select only some column instead of all of the columns, then only those rows will be deleted where data/value in selected columns are duplicate.
For example( take reference from the previous picture), if we have selected only column A and column B, then such a command will delete both Row 6 and Row 7 because column A and column B of Row 2, Row 6, Row 7 have the same data/value.
- After pressing Ok, all the duplicate data will be removed and a pop up shall arrive informing about duplicates removed and the unique values that remain.
How do I delete duplicates in Excel but keep one?
How do I delete all duplicates in Excel?
Remove duplicate values
- Under Columns, select one or more columns.
- To quickly select all columns, click Select All.
- To quickly clear all columns, click Unselect All.
How do I remove duplicates from a list?
Is there a formula to remove duplicates in Excel?
Does excel remove duplicates keep first?
How do you remove duplicates in numbers?
What is the shortcut to remove duplicates in Excel?
press Ctrl + Space to select the whole column of the active cell. (Press Shift + Space to select the whole row.) Note: If your data contains several columns, the Remove Duplicates Warding dialog box will pop out as below screenshot shown.
Why is Excel not deleting duplicates?
How do you remove duplicates in Excel 2010?
- Select the range of cells, or make sure that the active cell is in a table.
- On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click Remove Duplicates. Excel 2010 Remove Duplicate tool.
- Under Columns, select one or more columns that contain possible duplicate data.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
How do you remove duplicates in Excel using Vlookup?
How do you remove duplicates in Python?
How do you remove duplicates from a linked list?
- Create a class Node which has two attributes: data and next.
- Create another class RemoveDuplicate which has two attributes: head and tail.
- addNode() will add a new node to the list:
- removeDuplicate() will remove duplicate nodes from the list.
- display() will display the nodes present in the list:
How do you remove duplicates from an array in C++?
How do you remove duplicates in unsorted array?
- Take a hash map, which will store all the elements which have appeared before.
- Traverse the array.
- Check if the element is present in the hash map.
- If yes, continue traversing the array.
- Else Print the element.