How to delete files on Chromebook
- Now click on the little up arrow below it, this will expand the launcher to show all of your applications.
Step two to find where your files are located, you will be able to find the files icon – it is shaped like a folder. This will open up all of your file locations. But as your computer is probably filled with files you can narrow down the files that you are searching for. There are three useful options:
- Recent – These are the files that you have recently downloaded, amended or opened. This is very good if you have some ongoing projects or files that you are frequently accessing.
- Search by file type – this allows you to search for specific images, videos or audio files. This is really useful especially when it comes to deleting files, that is because if you are trying to get more space on your Chromebook, you may want to just delete all videos as video file sizes are generally larger.
- Play files – this section is for files related to your downloaded apps, hence the name – they have been downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Now you have found the files, it is time to delete them. There are three ways to delete the files. All seem quite simple, but I will walk you through each of the methods now.
- The first method is by selecting all the files you wish to delete, this can be either dragging your curser to choose all files in a selected.
- Clicking on each file you want to delete individually whilst having Ctrl held down.
- Or final clicking the first file you want to delete, holding down the shift button and then clicking the last one. Now press the delete the key on your keyboard. This will prompt a pop-up asking if you want to delete the selected files. Click yes.
- The second method is, once you have selected the files, press the delete icon at the top. Again, click yes when the pop up asks if you are sure.
- The final method is after you have selected the files – right-click on them and select the delete option. This again will prompt the pop-up and by now you should know to click yes when it asks if you’re sure.
TIP – Unlike Windows and Mac operating systems, there is no recycling bin you have to empty – once you empty it, there’s no turning back.
Where is the delete button on the Chromebook?
Why can’t I delete images on my Chromebook?
The delete option will be disabled or grayed out. The reason is, this is just a “view” and not a folder. You will need to go the original folder where the image is saved in, to delete or rename the file.
How do I delete a file?
- Open your phone’s Files app .
- Tap a file.
- Tap Delete Delete. If you don’t see the Delete icon, tap More. Delete .
How do I free up space on my Chromebook?
Free up storage space
- Delete files you don’t need from your Chromebook. Remember that you can move files to Google Drive if you want more space.
- Clear your browsing data and download history.
- Uninstall apps you’re not using.
- Remove any extra user accounts from your Chromebook.
How do I clean out my Chromebook?
What a Chromebook should not do?
7 Tasks Chromebooks Still Can‘t Do As Well As Macs or PCs
- 1) Take your media library with you.
- 2) Play games.
- 3) Power through demanding tasks.
- 4) Multitask easily.
- 5) Organize files easily.
- 6) Give you enough customization options.
- 7) Do much without an internet connection.
How can I speed up my internet on my Chromebook?
Tech Tip Tuesday – 3 Quick Ways to Speed up your Chromebook
- Disable or uninstall unused extensions. Having too many active extensions can consume your Chromebook’s resources and harm its performance.
- Limit the amount of tabs you have open simultaneously.
- Install available updates.
Will rubbing alcohol damage Chrome?
Whether your sink is stainless steel, chrome, brass or porcelain, the rubbing alcohol will not only clean and disinfect it but also shine it up. Just remember to be careful while using it, keep your windows open if you use a lot of it.
What is the best thing to clean chrome with?
If you clean your chrome frequently, a little dish soap and some warm water work just as well as commercial chrome cleaners. Simply dip a soft rag into warm, soapy water and wipe the grime away. If you’re having trouble getting into chromed nooks and crannies, use a soft toothbrush to get the job done.
Can you use alcohol to clean chrome rims?
Other household items that are known for their ability to clean chrome are toothpaste and isopropyl, or rubbing, alcohol. Toothpaste or rubbing alcohol may remove spots, such as those created by hard water.
Can I use bleach on Chrome?
The answer is NO! Bleach is an aggressive alkaline which will damage your chrome and leave a permanent damage. Since bleach is a no-no, and you still need to clean your chrome rims, here are some homemade cleaning solutions: Vinegar: Acidic Cleaners can remove dirt and grime.
How do I make Chrome shine again?
Method for Cleaning Chrome
- Add a few squirts of Dawn to a bowl of warm water.
- Wash down the chrome, paying special attention to dirt and water spots.
- Use the toothbrush to get into all those tight areas. (Remember not to use a hard bristle brush; this can scratch.)
- Rinse and use a microfiber cloth to dry and buff.
Will vinegar damage chrome fixtures?
Vinegar may be a mild acid, but it’s an acid nonetheless. Prolonged exposure to vinegar will damage chrome finishes by eating the finish right off of your fixtures.
Can you use Windex on Chrome?
You can use Windex® Ammonia-Free Glass Cleaner on your car’s tinted windows, mirrors, glass, chrome, stainless steel, plastic, and vinyl surfaces. For a streak-free shine, clean car windows when the surface is cool and out of direct sunlight whenever possible.
How do you get water spots off of Chrome?
For chrome faucets: Mix together equal amounts of white household vinegar and water. Using a soft toothbrush dipped in the solution, scrub gently. Rinse well; dry.
How do I clean oxidized Chrome?
Fill a spray bottle with undiluted white vinegar. Generously spray the corroded chrome and let the vinegar sit on the surface for 10 to 15 minutes. Dip a toothbrush or soft-bristled nylon brush into vinegar and scrub the corrosion off the surface. Wash the chrome with soap and water, rinse and dry it with a towel.