- Delete Google account on PC and Mac
- How to delete google account from Android
- How to delete Gmail or other services from Google Account
- How to backup Google Account Data
- How to delete google account from iPhone and iPad
- Block someone on Google+, Gmail and Hangouts
- Enable 2-step verification Google Account
In this article, you will learn to delete or deactivate Google Account.
Don’t forget to read the notes before deleting your google account.
What will you lose upon Deleting Google Account?
Keep in mind that if you have synced contacts, calendars, emails or photos with your Google Account, all of it will be lost after deactivating or deleting the google account. So, if the data is important to you, you must back it up before moving forward.
You will lose all the subscriptions of Youtube, Play Store apps, movies or games if gained through this account.
You cannot use Google services anymore which were using this account.
Delete Google account on PC and Mac
Follow the steps below to delete google account using your Web Browser in PC or Mac.
- Open any web browser.
- Go to your Google Account Page. https://myaccount.google.com/
- From the left panel, click on Data & personalization.
- From the “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data panel” section, click on “Delete a service or your account”.
- From the “Delete your Google Account panel” click on Delete your Account.
- Done! Your Google account will be deleted.
How to delete google account from Android
Deleting a Google Account from Android device means to unlink your account from the device.
- Open settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Accounts.
- Tap on Google.
- Tap the account which you want to delete.
- Tap on Menu and select Remove account.
Note: The settings may differ slightly depending on the Android version and mobile model you are using, but you can reach them easily.
How to delete other services from Google Account
If you don’t want to delete the whole Google Account, then there is option for you to detach or remove selected services from your Account. These are described below.
How to delete Gmail or other services from Google Account
Follow the steps below in order to unlink Gmail services from your Google Account.
Go to your Google Account Page. https://myaccount.google.com/
From the left panel, click on Data & personalization.
From the “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data panel” section, click on “Delete a service or your account”.
From the “Google Delete a Google Service” section, click on “Delete a Service”. You may need to sign in to your account.
Select delete located near Gmail to delete Gmail. If you want to delete any other google services, click on Delete icon in front of that services.
Follow the instructions to complete the process.
How to backup Google Account Data
It is very important to download and save a copy of your important data stored in Google Account. Follow the steps below in order to download all or selective data from your Google Account.
- First of all, go to your download Page https://takeout.google.com/
- If you want to download all the data, Click on Next Step. But, if you want to choose the data to download instead of all of it, you need to uncheck it. After making the selection, move to the next step by clicking on Next Step.
- Customize your Archive Format. Select the Delivery method, export type and archive type.
- Get your Archive.
How to delete google account from iPhone and iPad
Follow the steps below in order to remove google account from iOS devices.
- Open settings app from home screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Accounts & Passwords.
- Select Gmail from the accounts.
- Tap on Delete Account located at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm the action by tapping on Delete Account.
- Done! Google account is successfully removed from your iOS device.
Block someone on Google+, Gmail and Hangouts
If you don’t want to receive emails or handouts messages from any google account, you can block it directly from your google account. Follow the steps to do so.
- Go to https://plus.google.com/. Sign in if required.
- Go to the profile of the user which you want to block.
- Click on down arrow which is located under the profile name of the user.
- Select Report/Block option.
- Make sure the Block box near the username is checked.
- Click Done!
Block someone on Google+, Gmail and Hangouts on Android
To block Google Account on android, follow the steps below.
- Open Google+ app on your android device.
- Go to the profile of the user which you want to block. You can use the search feature of Google+ from the top search bar.
- Once, the profile of the searched user is opened, tap on Menu icon to access the additional options for this profile.
- Tap on Block.
- Tap on Ok.
Enable 2-step verification Google Account
2-Step verification is used to keep your Google Account safe from hackers. If it is enabled for an account, the owner of the account will always receive a message from the google, whenever a login is made using its account. The message contains a verification code, which you need to enter to the login page to log in.
Follow the steps below to set up 2-way verification on Google Account and Gmail.
- Go to 2-Way Verification Page.
- Login to your Google account if prompted.
- Enter your Mobile Number on which you can receive the verification code.
- Select the method to receive the code i: e by Call or by Text Message.
- You will receive a unique verification code on the provided mobile number (valid for a limited time period), enter the code in the field and click Next.
- Tap on Turn On.
Note: Always use password managers to share the password to the others. Lastpass is a famous and a well reputed software available as an extension for Google Chrome browser. It ensures security and allows to save and share the passwords with others, without showing the password characters to them.