The Chromebook is the official release from Google with the cut-down Chrome OS that is meant to work always-online manner, for on the go people.
Look at My History on Chromebook
So, before you go to learning how to erase anything, you must know how to look? The official link from Google has all in one page.
- To find your history, it means finding the history of the Chrome browser. So, you go to your computer and open Google Chrome app.
- At the top-right corner, you can find the three-dots for expanding it. When you click on it, you can find the entry “History” and then “History” again.
- Here you can find all the webpages that you have visited or anyone who has used your computer in the last 90 days.
Delete Browsing History on Google Chromebook
Before you want to sell off your Chromebook online, you want to ensure that all your private browsing details are completely erased.
- Once you are in the ‘History’ page, on the left-hand side you can find the ‘Clear Browsing History’ button.
- When you click on this, a new window will appear and this will show you various options.
- There is a drop-down menu call ‘Obliterate the Following Items from’ Which has by Default ‘The Beginning of Time’ as a point of selection to erase history.
- Below that you have several checkboxes to check/uncheck items like browsing the history, download history, cookies, hosted app data, autofill form data and more.
- Select all if you so wish to, and click on the “Clear Browsing History” button right below them.
Delete History on School Chromebook
Since, Chromebook works with Google Account, clearing the history will still mean that you have a lot of your activity stored in the computer.
- To delete all your activity from Chromebook look at this topic by Google support pages – https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/465.
- In the school computer, even if you delete all your history somehow, they are still available with the admin track by the filtering software running on your school’s Google account.
- You can delete only the local history on your Chromebook, and not the server data stored for each Chromebook’s Google account.
- Note that you can erase your browsing history on Chromebook, entry by entry or entirely at one go.
In school Chromebook, deleting all history only deletes the local history.
Why can’t I delete my history on Google Chrome?
Click on the hamburger menu of the browser. Select History and Recent Tabs. Select Clear Browsing data. In “Clear browsing data” select “All time”
How do I erase search history?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. History.
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Next to “Time range,” select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, tap All time.
- Check “Browsing history.”
- Tap Clear data.
How do you delete your history on a school Chromebook?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, like Last hour or All time.
- Select the types of information you want to remove.
- Click Clear data.
Where is the history page on a Chromebook?
- Click on the Chrome application icon on the Chromebook.
- Enter the address: chrome://history OR press the ctrl and h keys simultaneously.
- You will then see a chronological history of browsing on that Chromebook. District Office.
Does Google keep deleted history?
How can you see deleted history on Google Chrome?
Can I see my incognito history?
Can you permanently erase Internet history?
How do I delete my browsing history on my computer?
Should you clear your browsing history?
Your browser tends to hold onto information, and over time this can cause problems with logging in to or loading websites. It is always a good idea to clear out your cache, or browser history, and clear cookies on a regular basis.
Does deleting history free up space?
Browsers allow you to automatically schedule the deletion of your history, where it can either delete content every week to every month. This will allow you to free up space on your computer and stop it from slowing down.