How to Delete Instagram on Mac and PC Computers
- Back up your Instagram data before deleting your account. You can do that by following the steps below.
- In your favorite browser, go to https://instagram.com/ and login to your Instagram account by keying in your username and password.
- Once in your account, click on the cog icon on the top-left corner of the page to view options.
- Click on ‘Privacy and Security.’
- Under the privacy and security option, select the “Data Download” option, then click on the “Request Download” under the Data Download heading.
- Enter the email for data backup. In most cases, your account email will automatically be pre-filled.
- Click on the “Next” button and enter your password on the next page and click on the “Request Download” to finish the process. When through with that, Instagram will email you a backup within 48 hours with the title “Your Instagram Data.”
- In the email, click on the “Download Data,” and you’ll get directed to Instagram in your browser where you should log-in with your details. Once in the account, click on “Download Data” and you’ll have everything downloaded. Now, you can delete your Instagram account.
- Go to Delete Your Account page or type https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ in the URL bar of your favorite browser. And then login-in to Instagram with your correct username and password.
- Select the reason for deleting your account by clicking on the dropdown option next to “Why are you deleting your account?”
- After selecting the reason for deleting your account, the option for “Permanently delete my account.” Will appear.
- Click on “Permanently delete my account” option, and you’ll be prompted to enter your password.
- Feed-in your password and tap on “Permanently delete my account.” With that done, your account will be no more.
How to Delete Instagram Account on iPhone & iPad
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone by tapping on the Instagram icon n the home screen.
- Go to your profile page and then tap on “Settings.”
- On the same page, tap on “Help” and then tap on the “Help Center.”
- After that, tap on the “Managing Your Account” link and tap n “Delete Your Account” link.
- Next, tap on “How do I delete my account” choice and then tap on the “Delete Your Account” page link. In the “Delete My Account” page link, you’ll be prompted to answer why you want to delete your account permanently.
- Choose the nearest answer. If none is matching your reason for quitting the platform, choose the closest answer and proceed. Unfortunately, you cannot continue before responding.
- Enter your password when prompted and hit on the “Permanently delete my account” button. Congratulations, you’ve done it. With the account already deleted, you can now proceed and delete the app to create more space.
- After that, tap and hold on the app until “X” sign appears on all the apps in the home screen
- Hold on the app and choose to delete option to get the app uninstalled
How to Delete Instagram Account on Android Mobile Phone
- Go to the Delete Your Account page in using your favorite browser
- Key-in your correct details and log-in
- Select the reasons for deleting your account from the dropdown menu next to “Why are you deleting your account?”
- Re-enter your account password, and the option for deleting your password will appear
- Tap on the “Permanently delete my account “option, and your account will be removed, including all your videos, photos, and comments.
TIP: Deleting the Instagram account is permanent damage that can never be reversed. To make it even worse, you can never retrieve any data from the deleted account. Also, if you’d try using the username, you’ll still have to start from scratch as it will be a new account. If you’d like to nuke your Instagram account and lose it forever, then the earlier mentioned steps are sure-fire. If that wasn’t the intention, then you can disable the account in using the steps below:
How to Disable Instagram Account on Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad & Android
- Using your favorite mobile or computer browser, navigate to instagram.com and login into your Instagram account with your details. Also, you can log-in from your mobile app.
- While in your account, tap or click on the Profile icon with the shape of a human head in the top-right pane.
- Select on the “Edit profile “option and tap or click on “Temporarily disable my account” located in the bottom right screen.
- Select the response to why you’re disabling the account from the dropdown list next to the “Temporarily disable my account” option.
- Re-enter your account’s password, and the option for “Temporarily Disable Account” will appear. Click or tap on the option for “Temporarily Disable Account,” and you’ll be through with the task.
With the above option, you can later reactivate your account when you need it.