How to Delete Kik Account on android
- On your android device locate and launch the Kik application from you home screen or app drawer. It’s a white app with the word Kik in green.
- If you are not already logged in, enter your email address or Kik’s user name and password to login to your account.
- Click on the gear icon, located on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on help and about us It is located at the bottom of menu items.
- This will take you to a new page. Scroll down and tap on help By so doing, this will automatically redirect you to your phone default browser. The link opens up a help page.
- Scroll down and tap on managing your account.
- Scroll down and under profile management header and tap deactivate your account
- On the new screen, you will realize that Kik allows you to deactivate your account temporarily or permanently.
- If you decide to deactivate your account temporarily, this means you can always reactivate your account by entering your login information (Email ID or username and password.
- The final decision is on you. If you don’t want to use your account again, you should deactivate it permanently. If you want to delete your account permanently then tap on permanent deactivation. By permanently deleting your account;
- You lose Access to your account.
- You no longer receive Kik messages, or emails.
- Your user name will no longer be searchable anywhere on Kik.
- Your profile is son deleted from the contact list of the people you have talked to.
- On the middle of the screen, under the Here’s how Click the link provided on the first bullet that reads permanent deactivation on website. It has Green Font. This takes you to a new page.
- On the new page, you will be required to fill in some information so that your deletion request can be processed. Here is what you are required to fill in;
- Email ID (if you have forgotten your email consider changing the email by following the steps we have listed below under How To Delete Kik Account without email
- Reason why you are leaving Kik. In here, tap the drop down arrow key on the box below this option. A list of items will appear and choose one that explains why you are leaving Kik. You can add more information as to why you are leaving Kik on additional box below the box you have entered the reason for leaving.
- Check the box that confirms you understand everything that pertains to the decision you are about to undertake. After which you tap on Go
- Success! You will receive an email on your inbox with a link to permanently delete your account.
- Go and check your email and find that link. The email message has a subject that reads “deactivate your Kik account?”
- Open the message and scroll down below the message and tap permanently deactivate. By so doing, you delete your account permanently.
How To Delete Kik Account without Email
- Locate and launch Kik application from the home screen or app drawer on your Iphone or android device. If you are not automatically logged in, enter your user name or email and password to log in.
- Tap on the gear icon located on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on your account
- On the new page, you will see all information related to your account. These information includes; your Kik username, email ID and Name.
- Next, edit the email and key in the email address that you can access and tap save.
- After that, go back to and follow all the steps we have listed above on how to delete Kik account.
Tips: Before you initiate the process of deleting Kik account, you should have three items ready; your Kik account username, authentic email that you can access the inbox. The process of deleting Kik account cannot be successful if you can’t access your email inbox. This is because you receive the link to permanently delete your Kik account on your email.
Can you permanently delete a Kik account?
Permanent Deactivation/Deletion. Go to https://ws.kik.com/delete in a Web browser. Kik has a specific website for permanent deletion, so you‘ll need to use a web browser, not the app. Enter your username and email address.
How can I delete my Kik?
Use Kik’s dialogue box to request deletion
Kik has an easy web form for requesting the deletion of your account. You can access this same form on an Android or iPhone. You can also use your laptop or desktop computer. The form only requires your username and email address, plus your reason for leaving.
How do I permanently delete my account?
Note: If you have more than one Google Account
one won’t delete
Step 3: Delete your account
- Go to myaccount.google.com.
- At the left, click Data and personalization.
- Scroll to “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data.”
- Click Delete a service or your account.
- Click Delete your account.
How can I delete my Kik account without email?
You will not be able to delete your Kik account in case you don’t have access to your email address that you used to create your account or your username. You can contact Kik’s Help Centre in such cases where you want to delete your account but have forgotten your email address or Kik’s username.
What happens when I permanently delete my Kik account?
Permanent deactivation means deleting a Kik account forever. Once deleted, it cannot be restored. You will not receive messages or get emails from Kik ever again. No one will be able to search for you on the platform and your username and profile will be forever expunged from your friends’ contact lists.
Can Kik be traced by the police?
Originally Answered: Can you get your kik text messages from the police? No. You’d get them from the district attorney’s office, and only if your Kik texts were involved in a police investigation in which the police seized your texts directly from Kik, with a judge’s warrant, and turned them over to the DA.
Can u be tracked on Kik?
Kik does not track the content of messages or the phone numbers of users, making it difficult for police to find identifying information in child pornography cases. It announced plans in March to use photo recognition software to automatically screen out child pornography and report offenders to police.
Can deleted Kik messages be retrieved by police?
What will be of further concern to law enforcement, is that Kik do not store and cannot retrieve any sent or received messages (Kik, 2015a). It is therefore crucial that forensic examiners are able to obtain as much information as possible from recovered mobile devices to aid investigations.
Does Kik keep your IP address?
Kik doesn’t see or store chat message text in our systems, and we don’t ever have access to this information. Available information might include first and last name, email address, IP addresses, account creation date, and device type and manufacturer.
Is Kik really anonymous?
A main attraction of Kik that differentiates it from other messaging apps is its anonymity. To register for the Kik service, a user must enter a first and last name, e-mail address, and birth date (which must show that the user is at least 13 years old), and select a username.
Does Kik automatically delete pictures?
Kik pictures will only be automatically deleted if: You recently logged out of your Kik account.
Is Kik safe to send pictures?
Is Sending Pictures on Kik Safe? In terms of privacy, yes, it is safe to send pictures on Kik. You can share any personal photos with your friends and family members without any worries because Kik won’t leak any private photos with the outside world.
Has Kik shut down 2020?
POPULAR messaging app Kik has announced its no longer shutting down. The chat service upset millions of users last month when it said the platform had to close so the company could focus on its cryptocurrency Kin instead.
Can you get hacked on Kik?
Actually hacking the Kik app, or any other platform, is punishable by law, and we strongly encourage you not to do it. Breaching this requirement could result in severe monetary and criminal penalties.
Does Kik tell you if someone saves your picture?
The answer is no. Kik has no notification system to tell you about screenshots or anything like that. It would need some kind of logger built into the client app that can detect the screenshot combination and it doesn’t have that.
Does deleting a chat on Kik delete it for the other person?
If you delete messages on your Kik account, then Kik only removes it from your server, not the other person’s server. So this means another person still able to view your messages, which you have recently deleted on your Kik messenger.
Why do Kik pictures disappear?
Essentially, it’s a disappearing photo. What it is is you choose a photo, then set a timer. When the receiver opens it, they will only have the amount of time to view that you set before it is gone from the chat forever, although it is not deleted from your phone. If you have any other questions reply to this answer.
How do you know someone is real on Kik?
Yes, it is possible. Though the only way I know is to directly ask the person. Also, if your only concern is finding out if the photo was taken live, that’s easy. Right at the bottom part of the photo, the word “camera” is written as an indication that it was captured and sent real time.
Do you like this article?