- A member of the
- On your iPhone locate and launch lyft application from the home screen or app drawer. Enter your account login details if you are not yet logged in (email and password).
- Tap on the three horizontal lines located on the upper left side of the application.
- On the menu items scroll down and tap on help button. Tap on help centre to expand the help centre menu. By so doing, you will be redirected to lyft.com.
- On the new screen, scroll down through the menu items. Locate and tap on contact support button. It is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Next is a requirement to formally tender your deletion request on this page. To do so, enter the following information;
- Your email address
- Subject (the main reason you are submitting the ticket. Be brief and use simple language that is easy for one to understand. For example, you can simply write; delete my account. That’s enough information to key in under the subject header).
- Phone number
- What do you need help with? (To respond to this question, click on the drop down icon on the box provided under this question. After which you will see drop down menu, scroll down and choose whether you are a driver, passenger, applicant, or none of the above).
- Tap on I am a passenger to expand the menu. Scroll down and tap on account and settings option. Scroll down and select delete my account option.
- After choosing the delete my account option, you will see a box where you should enter all details regarding your deletion request. Give all the reasons that have prompted you to delete your account. Be as honest as possible to get the necessary support. A member of the support team will then address all your concerns later.
- To justify your claim, you can as well go ahead and attach files as evidence. However, that’s optional and you have full discretion to exercise that right. You may choose to leave it blank or attach something.
- Scroll down and verify that you are not a robot. To do so tap on the small box where you see the following words I am not a robot. By so doing, this confirms that you are human beings operating the device. Depending on the recaptcha method applicable, the verification process may take place instantly by just tapping on this box. However, at times you will be redirected to a new page where you should select specific images for you to verify that you are a human beings. It is quite an easy to perform this task.
- Tap on the submit to receive a message that confirms that shows success submission of the request.
- In a few seconds, you will receive an email message as well confirming your request to delete message. Go back to you app drawer and open your email app. You will see a new message from lyft. The message is auto generated and only confirms that your request is being attended to by the members of the support team.
- After few that, you will receive a follow up email from Lyft. On the follow up email, lyft may be hesitant to delete your account and may require you to give areas where they need to improve. In their follow up email, they may require to file the request again by following the procedure we have listed above.
- In the next follow up email, you are required to reply to the email to have your account deleted. You will receive final email confirming that your account will be deleted in the next 60 days. In case you change your mind, you can login to the account within 60 days to reactivate it.
Tip: If you don’t hear anything, you can send an email to email@example.com to inquire.