- Locate and launch Facebook app from the home screen or app drawer.
- Enter your login details to sign (Email address or phone number and password).
- This will immediately take you to the Facebook newsfeed.
- On the bottom right of your screen, tap on the three horizontal lines. This will bring up a list of menu items.
- Scroll down and tap on settings and privacy. A drop menu appears, click on settings
- Scroll down and on the account information header tap on account ownership and control.
- On the new window scroll down and tap on deactivation and deletion option to expand this option.
- You will get into a new page where you are presented with two options, one to deactivate account and secondly to delete account.
- Choosing to deactivate the account will not serve the sole purpose of deleting the messenger account. This is because it will still be possible for you to continue using the messenger. By deactivating your account, only your profile is disabled and your name and images are removed from the most things you have shared.
- Therefore, to permanently delete your messenger account linked to your Facebook account. Tap on delete account.
- Tap continue to account deletion option located at the bottom.
- On the new page, you have to confirm your selection by entering your password and select
- You Facebook account will be deactivated for 14 days after which it will be permanently deleted together with the messenger account.
NB: Once you use this procedure to delete your account. Everything related to your account is permanently deleted and you lose access of it.
How to Delete Messenger Account on iPhone and android
- Locate and launch messenger application from the home screen or app drawer.
- Tap on the profile picture icon located on the top left corner of the app.
- Scroll down and tap switch account A link of accounts linked to the messenger applications will appear here.
- Tap and drag the account to the left and you will see remove
- Click on it, you will see a new pop that asks you to confirm your selection.
- Tap on the remove
NB: Deleting an account from the messenger by way of removing the account from the messenger application does not lead to lose of data.
How to Delete Messenger Account on pc
- For you to permanently delete your messenger account, you must as well delete permanently the Facebook account linked to your messenger account messenger. You can carry out this procedure comfortably from your PC.
- On your favorite browser enter the Facebook website http://web.facebook.com/
- Key in your login details (Email id or phone number and password) and click on sign in button to login.
- Tap the arrow button located on the upper right side of your screen on the blue bar.
- From the menu items, scroll down and click on settings.
- You will see a list of menu items on the left side bar.
- Click on your Facebook information option located on the side bar. A list of items will appear in the middle of the screen.
- Below the list of menu items, locate deactivation and deletion option and click view button to expand this option.
- On the new page, you are provided with two options. Click on delete account option and then click continue to account deletion.
- On the new page you have an option to deactivate your account or download information.
- Click delete account option located below.
- You will be prompted to enter your password to confirm your request to delete your account.
- A new message will pop up asking you to confirm your decision click delete account.
- Done! You will get a revert back to the login page. Your account will be permanently in the next 30 days.
Tips: No one wants to lose data. You may want to evoke memories from reading past messages you sent or received via messenger. Therefore, you click on the delete button and download all your data to your PC then go ahead and delete your Facebook account.
How can I delete my messenger account?
- Open Messenger.
- From Chats, click on your profile in the top left corner.
- Tap Account settings. (Tap Legal and Policies for Android).
- Below your Facebook Information, tap Delete Your Account and Information.
- Tap deactivate and enter your password.
How do I delete messenger on my iPhone?
How do I delete a second Facebook Messenger account on my iPhone?
Why can’t I deactivate my messenger account?
What happen if I deactivate my messenger?
How do I temporarily deactivate my messenger?
Can I log out of Messenger?
Go to Settings and Privacy. Then scroll down and go to Security and select Security and login. Now you’ll see the list of devices where you are logged in. Select the Messenger session and click on Log out.