- Login to your primary account. The process of logging in to your account is quite easy and straightforward. Turn on your PS4 and enter your login information. You have to login as the console primary user to have an access to download other accounts.
- On your home screen, push up the joystick to bring up an options menu. Use the left joystick to navigate. Continue scrolling to the right until you see the settings
- Press X on the joystick to select the settings
- Scroll down and tap on login settings. From the menu, scroll down to user management.
- From there, select delete user
- You will be presented with a list of user accounts that you can delete on PS4. Scroll down to the user you want to delete and click X to delete them.
- Once you click to delete a specific user, a new window will appear with the following message “the following user will be deleted from PS4 (Name of the user account) if you delete the user’s saved data, screenshots, and video clips will be deleted from PS4″.
- Click “X” to delete them, and confirm your decision by tapping on yes
- If you want to delete the primary account then the account is going to be initialized. Once you select the delete option, you should confirm this decision. By so doing, your console will be restored to default settings. You are going to lose all data that you have not backed up.
Tip: The process of backing up your data is easy and straightforward. Just Go to Settings>Application Saved Data Management>Saved Data in System Storage. Select to back up your data on cloud or in an external device such as USB drive. Then go ahead and select the game or app you want to back up and select copy. The decision will depend on your preference. Ensure your PS4 remains on while the process of back up takes place.
How to Delete PlayStation Account on PS3
- Turn on your PS3 and navigate to the users menu. It is easy for you to notice the user’s menu icon since it resembles a house with a smiley icon. On the cross menu bar, the option is located on the left side.
- On your dual shock controller, press and hold the left button.
- Press up and down control keys to select the PlayStation user account you want to delete.
- After identifying the user you want to delete, press X and login to their profile by entering login information email and password.
- Once you login to the users profile you want to delete, go back to the users menu It is located on the far left side on the cross bar.
- Press up and down control keys to select the account you want to delete.
- Once you select the account to delete, press the green triangle on your dual shock. This will immediately display the option menu. It is important to note that this option will only appear if you are logged in to the users profile account.
- Select the delete option from the options menu. It is the third on the options menu. Therefore, you will only need to press the down button twice on the dual shock controller to highlight the delete option.
- Press X to confirm this option.
- Select Yes This confirms that you understand the consequences of your decision. Choosing to delete a user account will delete all the saved data, messages, trophies and other information.
- Press the left button on the dual shock to highlight the yes Press the X button to confirm.
- On the new page you should confirm whether you indeed want to delete the user account. To confirm your decision select the yes Press the left button to highlight the yes button.
- Done! The user profile account deletion is successful.
NB: It is important to note that only the current users can be deleted. Anytime you decide to delete user profile on the PS3 make sure you carefully note the profile you want to delete. This eliminates regrets that come with deleting the wrong accounts.