How to delete recently watched movies from Netflix
Netflix keep track of watched movies and shows. In this guide, you will learn how to remove movies from Netflix history.
The steps we are going to describe below require you to open Netflix website on browser.
- On your browser, go to Netflix and sign in with your username and password. Click on sign in at top right corner of the window to do so.
- Next step is to select your Netflix profile. This step is necessary for those having more than one profiles. Click on profile icon located at top right corner of the window. Then select profile, of which you want to delete movies.
- Open account. You will find this option in drop down menu, which can be explored by clicking on Profile icon located at top right corner of the window.
- Click on option saying Viewing Activity. This option will be visible under My Profile section.
- In viewing activity section, you will see the movies, shows and episodes etc. Next step is to select the item. You can scroll all the way down and click on show more to explore the list for older items.
- After finding your desired item, click on remove icon, it is a small circle with diameter line.
You will be provided option to hide this item from viewing history or to remove the entire episode.
Netflix will not suggest or recommends you any content related to deleted item. It may take 24 hours to complete the action.
Remove continue watching from Netflix history
Netflix keep track of your play time. Means where you left of your streaming, you can start it from the same play time.
But in some case, you may not want to share this information with others, or you don’t want Netflix to recommend the stuff based on this item, then in these situations you can remove this item from history.
Option 1 contains the same method that is described above that is about deleting movies from viewing activity. This will also remove play time record of that item. After removing item from viewing activity will make the item to play from start. So, you can hide yourself from spy who is looking to track you in this way.
Option 2 is to switch to another profile. As we know, Netflix allows only 5 profiles to run on one account. If your account has space for at least one profile, you can get rid of continue watching. To do so, create a new profile. For this, click on profile icon and click on plus button. Give name to your profile and click on Continue.
Your new profile will be created and Netflix will start observing your watch behavior to suggest you items according to your taste.
How to delete recently watched movies from Netflix on Android, iPhone and iPad
Netflix app also provides option to delete any movie from Netflix viewing activity. For this, follow the steps below.
- Open Netflix app on your Android or iOS device. If you don’t have Netflix app installed in your mobile, you can search it easily on Google Play Store for android and on App Store for iOS mobiles and Tablets.
- After opening the Netflix app, login to your account, if you have not already been.
- Tap on menu icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen. It is represented by three parallel lines.
- Select account you want to proceed with. You need to tap on it.
- Tap on Account from the menu list.
- You will be redirected to mobile browser after step 5 where you will see all the movies and other items.
- Tap on delete icon.
- Choose from hiding the only item or entire series.
You are done!
Ads by Google