How to delete Safari history on mac
All the websites which you visit in your Safari browser are stored as history in your browser. If you don’t want to keep your history, then you have to follow the steps below to delete it.
- Launch safari browser on your Mac PC.
- Click on the history tab located at the top of the menu.
- Select clear history and website data.
- Then you have to choose the time range. Most likely all the history from the beginning.
- Click on Clear history and you are done!
Deleting the history of Safari browser also free up some memory of your Mac. So, if you are short of memory then deleting browser history is also helpful for releasing some memory.
Delete safari history in one click on Mac
You can delete the history of your Safari browser in a much faster way. For this purpose, you have to use a software called, CleanmyMac. This software is available for free. You can clear the history of Safari browser as well as of the other browsers and messengers, like Firefox, Google Chrome and Skype etc.
How to delete Safari cache and cookies on Mac
Cache is the temporary data of the websites, stored in your computer. So, that whenever you visit the websites this data does not needs to be retrieved again and again from the website. So, sometimes your PC may get slow due to cache. You can clear the cache memory of Safari browser by following steps. Click on Safari, located at the top right of the screen.
- Click on preferences.
- From the drop-down menu, click on advanced tab of the menu that is opened by clicking on preferences.
- At the end of this tab, select the menu saying show developer menu in menu bar.
- Click the developer tab from Safari menu at the top of the page.
- Click on option saying Empty Caches from dot drop down menu.
How to clear Safari Cache and cookies on iPhone and iPad
You have two options to clear Safari cache and cookies on your mobile app the first one clears all the stored cache, history and cookies for this follow the steps below open the settings app on your iPhone or iPad tab Safari tap clear history and website data now tap on click clear history and data.
please note that when you clear history and data on your mobile it will also be deleted from all the devices connected to this iCloud account.
the second method just clear the cookies but not your browsing data open settings tap Safari tap advanced tap on website data choose remove all websites data.
Please note that when you clear the cache of your browser through settings app and it will also delete all the saved passwords and autofill data.
How to clear Safari History on iPhone and iPad
Deleting the history of Safari browser through settings in remove all the saved passwords and autofill data so it is good practice to delete Safari history within the app to do so follow follow the following steps open Safari Browser on your iPhone click on history icon at the bottom of the screen which look likes open book swipe left on the page which you want to delete from the history then tap on delete you can also swipe all the way to delete the item if you want to clear all the history at once then scroll down at the bottom of the history page and tap on clear display popup menu asking to select the time range of the history to delete tap all time and your all the history will be cleared.
How to delete safari extensions on mac
Extensions in Safari browser adds extra functionality to your browser. But if you want to delete them follow the steps below.
- To start the process, open Safari browser and click on Safari menu.
- From the Safari menu, click on preferences.
- Then select the extensions tab. On the left hand side you will see all the extensions installed in your browser.
- To delete any extension, click on uninstall.
There is also a manual method to uninstall extensions from Safari Browser. For this purpose, press command + shift + g from your keyboard a window will appear type the following command in box.
Now select the extension and right click on it then, tap on move to trash or you can also drag that file to the trash can.
Tip: how to add bookmarks quickly in safari
Tap the bookmarks button and hold it for some time until you see a popup to add page to bookmarks.
Some websites are not responsive on mobile display, So, you may need to open them in desktop view. To open a website in desktop view, press and hold the refresh button and Tap on request desktop site.
How do I clear my cache and cookies on Mac?
Does clearing history clear cookies?
How do I get rid of tracking cookies in Safari?
Can deleting cookies cause problems?
Does clearing cookies delete passwords?
Does clearing my history delete everything?
What will I lose if I clear my cache?
What will I lose if I clear cookies?
Why is it important to clear cache and cookies?
Is it a good idea to delete your cookies?
How often should I clear cookies?
When should I clear cache and cookies?
Does clearing cache cause problems?
What happens when you clear cookies and cache?
How often should I clear my cache?
How do I clean out my computer cache?
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard.
- Select the period “since installation”, to empty the whole browser cache.
- Check the Option “Images and Files in Cache“.
- Confirm your settings, by clicking the button “delete browser data”.
- Refresh the page.
How do I clear my cache and cookies?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.