If you are reading this then probably you have decided to delete your account. Snapchat, like others, allows you to make that decision as a choice.
Delete Snapchat Account Permanently
When you wish to delete your account, the first thing you should read is Snapchat’s support (https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/delete-my-account1) article. Try to contact their support in case you are facing any issues.
- If you are having trouble with something, it is possible that uninstalling and installing again will fix it, or it may not too.
- If there are other reasons for deleting your account, you can follow the article above. Know that there are two phases to it, running for 30 days.
- First, when you delete your account, the account will be in a deactivated state. In this duration, your friends will not be able to interact with you.
- Also, there are some caveats regarding the privacy policies that you might not be aware of, so read that article carefully.
Delete Snapchat Account in iPhone
Now, if you want to delete the Snapchat account, there is a web login method that works for all. Despite using an Android or iOS platform, you can use this method. You can do it from any web browser.
- Just go to this link.
- This is the account’s portal where you are supposed to ‘Log-In’, and then choose the account by name or username.
- Then, you can delete the account by clicking on the ‘Delete my Account’ that is available at the very bottom of the page.
- Of course, because of the deactivation stage, you can reactive the account within 30 days of the same.
- There is also another method that also uses the website, and not the app.
Delete Snapchat Account Using App
If you are using the Snapchat app and want to delete your account using it, proceed with the below steps. Since the UI is almost similar for both iOS and Android, the steps remain largely the same.
- Just tap on the app to launch it and swipe down the screen to find the ‘Gear’ icon. This is where all the magic happens.
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page that opens and find ‘Support’. Just tap on it.
- Then, tap on ‘My Account & Settings’, and tap on ‘Account Information’.
- This is where you get the ‘Delete my Account’ option, and then just tap on that link to finish the steps.
If you want to delete your account to remove your personal info, then you are not in luck. Snapchat will retain personal information for their business needs.
How do you permanently delete a Snapchat account?
How do I delete my Snapchat on the app?
What happens if I delete Snapchat?
How do you permanently delete Snapchat account on Android?
- Go to the Snapchat Accounts Portal page from any browser (you can’t delete the account from the actual app).
- Enter your username and password.
- Select Log in.
- Enter your username and password once again.
- Select Continue, all the way at the bottom.
Ads by Google