While it is not uncommon for Tinder users to speak to multiple people at a go, your storage may run low and low as your chats get bulky. Depending on the usefulness of the conversations, you can use one of the following three ways to delete your Tinder messages.
Do it the manual way
Getting along with the overwhelming number of messages may at times be hectic. As a result, you would want to delete a ton of the messages with little or no relevance to free up some space on your phone’s storage and yet maintain the chatting with your meaningful matches. Isn’t it possible? Yes, very likely, but it may cause you some migraine.
With your useful chats in mind, you should scroll down to the oldest messages and start sweeping them one after the other. With this method, there is no shortcut but just the manual removal of the messages. In some cases, you might feel thankful to those with whom you unmatched due to failed expectation, and had the chats thread miraculously disappear.
If you are in a hurry and have no time to dig deep into the bottom of your chatbox to conduct scrutiny on the chats to trash, then, this method might not be the best for you. With that said, the technique will require much time and may take longer than you expected for you to accomplish the mission.
Block the users you no longer need
You may decide to block someone on Tinder when you become disinterested or rather creepy. As much as the act will spare your precious time, it will also free your space by deleting the chat threads that you initially had.
Please wait, does that mean you go on a blocking spree? Absolutely no! You may miss some of your good matches through such a careless act. Thus, you should make an informed decision on whom to block and the ones you can withstand the pain of deleting their older messages.
If everyone would go blocking, then, Tinder would be of no meaning today. Therefore, as much as the method offers a handy solution to freeing up the storage space in your phone, it’s worth a second thought.
Delete your account and start again
Deleting your account and creating a new one may be a solution if you’ve had your Tinder account running for years. Thus, the messages may be too much to delete through the message-by-message deletion method or blocking the users you no longer need.
However, you should not delete your account if you were previously chatting with someone, but you never concluded. As such, you may lose all the matches if you didn’t exchange contacts. Ready to get started? Well, let’s look at the possible options.
There are two options to get Tinder out of your phone’s storage space. The first method involves uninstalling the app from your device while the second one involves deleting your Tinder account and creating a new one.
How to uninstall your Tinder app on Android and iOS
- Touch and hold the screen for seconds and release when “X” appears on all the apps on the home screen.
- Long press on the Tinder app, and your android phone or iPhone will give you an option of uninstalling the app.
- Tap on “Uninstall”, and the app will disappear from your home screen.
- The “Ok” option will appear on the top right corner of your home screen.
- Tap “Ok”, and you will be through with the process.
However, the option will make your Tinder app unavailable from your home screen, thus stopping it from sending the messages into your phone, but your Tinder account will remain active.
The above procedure only offers a temporary remedy, but if you are looking for a permanent solution, you can consider the second way that involves deleting your Tinder account and creating a new one in the following steps.
How to delete Tinder account
You can delete your account through the following easy steps:
- Login into your Tinder account and go to Tinder profile page
- Select “Settings” and scroll down and click on “Delete Account” option. A popup option will appear asking whether you want to delete the account or pause it.
- Select the option for “Delete My Account” and proceed to the reasons for deleting your account and submit your response.
- Once done, a popup will appear prompting you to delete your account.
- Click on the popup to permanently delete your account.
- Uninstall your Tinder app and start afresh.
- Create a new Tinder account and continue enjoying the platform
With the above three ways of deleting Tinder messages from your phone, you can easily create more space in your phone’s storage.
How do I delete all messages on tinder?
Do messages disappear when you delete tinder?
How do I delete message history?
- Open the chat.
- Tap and hold on a message that you have sent within the past 3 hours.
- Tap delete .
- Select Delete for everyone.
How do I mass delete messages?
- Open the Messages app.
- Select a chat thread.
- Long-press on a message to highlight it.
- Tap any additional messages you wish to remove.
- Tap the trash can icon from the menu bar at the top of the app screen to delete the messages.
How do I delete all messages on messenger on both sides?
- Tap and hold the message.
- Click “remove.”
- Select “Remove for Everyone.”
- Confirm removal of the message.
- A tombstone will appear in the message thread stating, “you removed a message.”
How do I delete messages?
- Open Messages.
- Locate the conversation that has the message you want to delete then tap on it.
- Touch and hold the message you want to delete.
- Tap the trash can to delete the message.
- Tap Delete on the confirmation prompt.