Twitter is a social media network which helps you to share your thoughts, photos, videos and more and stay connected with celebrities, friends, community pages, groups, and more. If you do not want to use your Twitter account for some reasons, you can delete that with the following steps.
Delete Twitter Account on iPhone
Of course, Twitter keeps you connected with the society. If you want to take a break from all that sharing, having fun, and celebrating, you can obviously delete your Twitter account from your iPhone.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ on your iPhone home screen. A drop-down list will appear. Scroll down the list to select ‘Twitter’.
- Tap on the ‘Twitter’ icon to open the menu. Now, choose the account you wish to delete by tapping the account name.
- You can find delete account on the bottom of the screen, click that. Confirm that you want to delete the account in the pop-up window. Close the settings menu.
Delete Twitter Account on Computer
You can delete your Twitter account whenever you want. Once you have taken the decision to delete your Twitter account from your computer, just follow the below steps.
- Open the browser and visit the official site of Twitter.
- You must remember that you cannot delete your Twitter account (https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/how-to-deactivate-twitter-account) through the Twitter app. Instead, you must do it through the browser.
- ‘Log-In’ to your Twitter account. Click your ‘Profile Picture’. Then click ‘Settings’, which will take you to the settings page.
- Select ‘Settings and Privacy’. Choose ‘Deactivate my Account’. Choose ‘Deactivate @ Username’ and then key in your Twitter password.
- This will help Twitter to confirm that you definitely want to delete an account and secure your account from being deleted as an accident or even as a prank.
Delete Twitter Account on Android
Twitter can be informative, useful and up-to-date, but on the other hand, you may think that it is occupying too much of your time. If you do not want to waste the time you spend on Twitter, you can decide to delete your Twitter account.
- Go to ‘Twitter’ and ‘Log-In’ with your credentials. Tap the hamburger icon or your profile picture.
- Tap ‘Account’> ‘Settings’ and ‘Privacy Menu’. Tap on ‘Deactivate Your Account’ option. Tap ‘Deactivate’.
- Enter your password on the pop-up window and tap yes, deactivate.
Delete Twitter Account Permanently
Once you have decided to delete your Twitter account, you must keep a point in mind that, Twitter will never offer a temporary delete, but instead, it will give you a month’s time to decide about getting back to Twitter. If the period is over, your account will be deleted permanently.
- As usual, navigate to Twitter site and ‘Sign-In’ into your account. Tap on your ‘Profile Photo’.
- Tap on the account and then to ‘Settings’ and ‘Privacy’. Click ‘Deactivate Your Account’ option. Confirm your deactivation when prompted.
- Wait for one month to pass. Twitter will retain your user data for 30 days.
- Once the grace period is over, Twitter will start deleting your data from its database. Once that is done, your account will be deleted forever.
Delete Twitter Account for Good
Twitter will offer you many good reasons to cherish for your lifetime, but at the same time, it takes more time from you and may keep you less focused on other things. If you do not want to be addicted to Twitter, you can delete your Twitter account.
- Visit Twitter site and ‘Sign-In’ into your account with your username and password.
- Choose your Twitter icon. Click the ‘Account’ tab. Click ‘Setting’s and ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Choose ‘Deactivate Your Account’. Confirm it again when prompted. Wait for 30 days. Your account will be deleted as soon as 30 days are completed.
Make sure you precisely follow the above-mentioned steps to delete or deactivate your Twitter account with all ease and comfort.
How do I permanently delete a twitter account?
- Tap the navigation menu icon , then tap Settings and privacy.
- Tap Your account, then tap Deactivate your account.
- Read the account deactivation information, then tap Deactivate.
- Enter your password when prompted and tap Deactivate.
- Confirm that you want to proceed by tapping Yes, deactivate.
Is deactivating twitter the same as deleting?
How do I permanently delete my account?
Why is it so hard to delete accounts?
How do I delete my PiggyVest account?
- Login to the email account you used in registering for your PiggyVest account.
- Create an email stating you want your PiggyVest account to be cancelled, deleted or deactivated.
- Make the subject title of your email “Request To Delete PiggyVest Account”
- Send the email to [email protected]