If you have decided that you no longer need the services or just are not satisfied with the platform you can choose to remove your profile completely from their databases to do so using your PC or Mac through the website, follow the below steps. That way you can keep your financial info safe.
- Go to Their Official Page
The first and simplest thing to do it open your browser and go to their official webpage and navigate to it. Their support page shows you how to close or cancel your Venmo account. Everything will be done with compliance with federal regulations.
- Open any browser on your Mac or PC.
- You can do this on your smartphone or iPad too.
- In the browser, put the venmo.com on the URL bar and hit enter.
- You Have to be Logged in
To do anything with your account, you have to be logged in. This is the authentication that will allow you to make changes to your account. If you give away your details to someone else, they can also do the steps given below.
- Click on the Sign In on the top right corner of the page.
- There is also a signup link but click on the sign-in link.
- This page will appear only when you have browsed to “Venmo.com”.
- Enter Your Credentials and Log in
Now, it is an easy task for you. You must remember your username and password and if you used an email id that will be your username. If you used a mobile number, that would be it.
- Enter the username on the first blank field.
- Enter the associated password with this account in the next blank field.
- If you have forgotten, you can use the forgot password option.
- Use Send the Code to Authenticate
Venmo might send you a six-digit code after entering the credentials above to verify your account. All of this to keep your account safe.
- Click on Send Code.
- Enter the six-digit passcode that you received on your smartphone.
- They send you the code right away as soon as you click on send code.
- Go to Settings
Once you log in, go to the Settings page. By default, you have your recent transactions listed on the top. At the bottom of the page, you have “Close your Venmo account”.
- Go to Settings and find the “Close my Venmo account” option by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
- Click on it, review your latest bank statements and download it.
- Click next.
- You will see a warning message but click on “Close Account” to confirm.
- You may also hit “Cancel” if you choose to change your mind at this step.
- If you wish to remove your account, make up your mind.
- You can contact them at their official support page to help you with your issue.
For removing the account follow the above steps, and don’t forget to download your recent statements.
How do I delete my venmo account from my iPhone?
After you’ve transferred all your funds, and logged into your account, click “Settings.” Near the bottom of the page, click “Close My Venmo” account, then “Next.” Before you close your account, you’ll need to review your most recent statement. Once that’s done, click “Close Account” again.
Can I delete my venmo account and make a new one?
How do I delete my venmo account without logging in?
What happens to venmo when you die?
Can you delete venmo history?
How safe is venmo?
Can I get scammed on venmo?
Should I give venmo my SSN?
Why you shouldn’t use venmo?
Short answer: It’s still not great. Venmo was built as a peer-to-peer payment app, i.e. for sending money between friends and family. Its personal accounts are not designed as an online payment solution for small businesses. That means no records for filing taxes.
Whats the catch with venmo?
A deeper look at all Venmo account fees.
|Returned Payment||Up to $29.00|
Is Zelle safer than venmo?
What is the most you can venmo?
Which is safer venmo or Apple pay?
Is PayPal safer than venmo?
What is better Apple pay or venmo?
Ads by Google