- Send Direct Message on Twitter on PC and Mac Via the Web
- Log in to your Twitter account through Twitter.com
- After that, click on the “Messages” on the left side of the navigation bar. You’ll see the history of your previous Direct Messages. If you haven’t made any conversation yet, you can hit on the blue “Start a conversation” button in the “send a message, get a message field”.
- After that, navigate to the top and click on the “New message” icon. Doing so will pull up a window displaying your most contacted people. If it’s your first time, you may not have a list of the recently contacted people. Therefore, type in the name of your recipient in the “Search for people”. Doing so will pull a list of suggestion from which you can click on the username of your recipient you’d wish to DM if it’s not a group message. From the list, you can select a name or add up to 50 people for a group message.
- With that done, click on the “Next” option located in the top-right corner of your screen. Doing that will prompt a chat window to open. In the chat window, you can type in your message.
- Start typing the message you intend to send to your recipient(s) in the text field that appears on the lower part of the screen in the new window on the right-hand side.
- If you don’t need to send photos, videos, or GIFs, you can hit on the right-pointing “Send” arrow to get your message delivered to the intended recipient(s). The icon is located on the lower right corner.
- If you’d wish to include a video, image, GIFs, or emoji in the Direct Message, use the tips below.
- Include a photo or video to your DM: To add images to your message, click on the gallery icon located on the bottom-left of the twee composer window. By doing that, you can select the photo or video you’d wish to upload and add it to your direct message.
- Include GIFs to your DM: To add animated GIFs, click on the GIFs icon.
- When done, hit on the “Send” button to get the Direct Message delivered to your recipient.
Tip: If you’d wish to start a new line of text, hold down the “Shift” key and hit on the “Enter” key. If you just hit on the “Enter” key alone, your message will get sent when still incomplete.
- Manage Twitter Direct Messages on PC and Mac
- Delete a direct message: If you are sure to delete a direct message, click on the message, and then click on the “Delete”.
- Opt-out of a conversation: Locate the conversation that you want to leave and then click to open it. After that, click on the “Information” icon and click on the “Leave a conversation”. And that’s it.
Note: Deleting a chat or message will only delete the messages on your account without interfering with the messages in other participants’ chats. Also, other participants in the group will still be able to see the conversation.
- How To Direct Message on Twitter App for Android and iPhone
- Tap on the Twitter icon on your home screen to get the app launched. By doing that, the Twitter app should take you directly to your account page. If you had not yet logged in to your tweeter account, use your login details such as the username and a password to access your account.
- When in your account, navigate to the lower right corner of your screen and tap on the envelope-like “Message” icon. Also, you can tap on an existing conversation to open a new message.
- With that done, navigate to the “New message” icon and tap on it. By doing so, a list of your recently contacted friends will appear in the dropdown menu. If no list appears, type the name of your recipient in the search bar located on the upper part of the screen just below the “New message” heading
- Tap on your recipient(s) names to add them to the new message. Note that you can only send a message to the Twitter users following you. And you can only add a maximum of 50 recipients for a group chat. Alternatively, you can type the username that you want to DM in to add them to the conversation.
- After that, tap on the “Next” button on the upper right corner to get to a new message window.
- Next, tap on the “Start a new message” field located on the lower part of the screen for the keyboard to appear on the screen.
- With the keyboard now present, you can start composing your tweet and then tap on the “Send” button when through. If you’d wish to add a photo, GIF or video, the process is pretty simple. Just tap on the gallery icon to insert your video or picture and tap on the GIF option to add a GIF. When you feel that you’re through, tap on the “Send” button. It’s a right-pointing arrow on the bottom right corner of your message. Doing so delivers your message to the intended recipient(s).
- Manage your Direct Messages on Twitter Mobile App
- Deleted a message: To remove your Direct Message, tap and hold for a while for a pop-up menu to appear. From the menu, tap on the “Delete the message”.
- Delete a conversation: If you’d wish to delete the entire conversation, tap and hold on the screen until a pop-up menu appears. From the menu, tap on the “Delete conversation” option. By doing that, the entire conversation will get deleted from your device, but other participants will still be able to view it.
Can someone see your DM if you are private twitter?
Can you private message on Twitter without following?
Can I tweet privately to someone?
What does the GREY check mark mean on twitter DMs?
How do you know if a DM is read on twitter?
It’ll be right below the message to the right of the time sent. If you see the word “Seen” below the checkmark after clicking, the recipient has seen the message. If not, the recipient has either not yet opened the message or has disabled read receipts.