You don’t have to be a professional to know how to draw a work of art. In fact, with proper mindset and the right drawing tools, even beginners can create a masterpiece of their own.
Drawing or sketching can be a great way to practice your skills. All it requires is to follow a few simple steps in making a symmetrical, realistic flower to help you with pattern work or how to juxtapose the overlapping shapes in your artwork.
Drawing A Hawaiian Flower
You can add a splash of color in the end so that you can come up with a stunning result. Perhaps one of the easiest ways to start drawing is by sketching a flower. Among the most popular searches online is how to draw a Hawaiian flower.
If you want to learn how to draw a Hawaiian flower, you can pick some ideas from this article. Feel free to create your own version of the beautiful Hawaiian flower with a few quick tips that you can use to get started.
Things That You Need
You have to prepare a number of things first, such as colored pencils, drawing paper, pencil with eraser, and white gel pen.
Try to get familiar on how this type of flower is able to grow. It also helps if you know how they look like in person, particularly the shape and colors before trying to draw them.
Steps In Drawing A Hawaiian Flower
- Draw 2 Circles, Left And Right
You have to draw two medium circles or ovals almost adjacent to each other, the one on the left must a bit lower compared to the other on the right.
Take your pencil and draw a complete circle first and then draw another one about a couple of inches away from the first. Just keep them in the same row and it must be the size of a tennis ball or so.
- Draw The Petals Of The Flower On The Right
The next thing that needs to be done is drawing the petals of the flower. You have to draw about five petals.
But it must be nice and full similar to the circles you have already done in the first step. Draw these around the previous circle being the center having petals around them.
After doing the circles, draw the petal in an oval shape around the circle to the right. You may create a tiny dent on the petal at its center to make it more realistic.
Then, draw another one that you have to attach to it as it follows around the circle. You have to do about five petals surrounding the circle on the right.
- Draw Petals Similar To The Hibiscus
The petals you have drawn should look like a hibiscus flower. So try to adjust the shape of the circles or ovals to look like the petals of the hibiscus flower. You may look at the images of the hibiscus online by searching for Google images.
Take a look at the petal and notice that they are indeed incomplete circles. Likewise, they have a small dent at the center curving inwards. You may also add some dimples to give a little detail to the petals.
- Draw The Stamen
As part of the flower, you have to add a few features to complete the drawing. Take note that you are still drawing the flower on the right side. So you have to add some parts to the center of the flower with tiny seeds like on its long stalk.
You may call this the style with the filament having small anthers above it like seeds. Then, draw a couple of lines, which tend to be curved towards the end.
Draw some small lines with tiny circles above them, being at the top end of the talk. Just keep the base of the stalk arising from the center part of the petals.
- Draw The Flower On The Left
Since the left flower is placed lower than the one on the right, it means that only three or four petals will be visible. That is because the one on the right is supposed to be on top of the one on the left.
You have to draw a petal that emerges from below the first flower you have drawn on the right. Then, proceed with two or more petals around the circle found on the left.
Imagine them surrounding the circle, which begins from one end of the right flower to its other end. But notice that some petals may not be drawn in full because they are supposed to be hidden behind the one on the right.
- Finalizing The Drawing
After doing the main lines, there are some things that need not be included in the final output. So it is time to clear up and erase some of the lines and strokes not part of the Hawaiian flower you are drawing from the beginning.
Thus, remember to keep the right flower on top of the one on the left. If you see any petals of the flower on the left to be overlapping with the one on the right, erase them. The flower on the right must be superimposed on some of the petals of the flower on the left.
Remember that you are just making a sketch without coloring the flowers yet. You can be creative enough though to add more color to your work if you think it will be necessary.
Sketching Tips For Beginners
- Know your pencils – It is important to know the type of pencil you need to use for your drawings or sketches.
- Take control of the pencil you are holding – You can have more control and precision if you position your hand close to the end of the pencil.
- Try to use various mark making methods – You can use different methods for mark making to be able to create form and depth.
- Vary the lines you are using – Shift in the darkness and width of your lines to create a dynamic and interesting drawing.
- Avoid hand smudges on your pencil lines – Put extra piece of paper beneath your hand when drawing to minimize the amount of hand smudges.
- Control the edges of your drawing – Among the things that define object edges are hard, lost, thin, and undefined.
- You can use a blending stick for smoother shading – Use a smooth, blended effect with your pencils to make your sketches smoother and more subtle.
- Try to make it symmetrical only if necessary – You can avoid the boring repetition of a symmetrical drawing by adding some subtle changes.
- Show different textures within your sketches – Adjust your techniques to show the different textures of your sketch.
Additional Tips In Drawing
If you are a beginner, it is natural to make mistakes. However, you don’t have to use another paper just because you committed an error. You can reuse the paper and avoid wasting too many pages when you are just starting to learn drawing.
Once you have gained confidence and some swagger in your work, you can buy your own sketchbook and some high quality materials to sharpen your skills.
Ads by Google