The lighthouses at sea are so beautiful and splendid.
It is also very easy to draw them with just a pair of cylinders and straight linesWe will draw the sea here, but that is also another pair of lines or curvesIt will have nice windows and a light tower tooBelow are the steps to complete a nice one.
Search for a Picture, bring your Supplies
- Find a simple lighthouse as a model (on the internet or any pic)
- Go to your study and get a pencil, eraser, and sharpener
- Look for some rough paper that can be used to draw.
Start with the Foundation
Let us begin by drawing the foundation of the lighthouse which is the base of the cylinder or cone you can imagine. If you see carefully, this can be drawn starting with a simple big oval.
- Draw an oval shape.
- Draw some curves around it like waves.
- Now, draw wavy lines coming down from the two sides of the oval.
- This is the stone on which the tower sits.
Now the Tower
Once the foundation stone has been done, we will draw the remaining part of the cylinder or conical shape. For this, we just need a couple of ovals and two lines, slightly cone-like. Also, we draw its characteristic pattern horizontal stripes.
- Draw two lines starting from the oval, one on each side of it.
- They are broad at the bottom and slightly close to each other towards the top.
- Now draw some ovals with some space starting from bottom to the top. These are horizontal stripes that give the lighthouse its characteristic look (refer to the above picture again).
- Erase the inside of the ovals that fall in between the two lines. And this should look like a tower with partitions.
Draw Some Windows
Draw some rectangles shaped like arched on the top inside the stripes of the tower. They will look like doors and windows of the tower and add detail to the building as well.
- Each rectangle has an arched top just like the door of a house.
- Similarly, small rectangles form windows.
- Make one door, a big one at the lowest horizontal partition.
- Two small ones above them, in other partitions.
Draw the Top of the Lighthouse
This is the part where the light is kept and it rotates or shines towards the sea for the ships to take note and be careful. This can be drawn using two more ovals and straight lines beside them.
- First, we draw a curved line like an oval which is bigger than the top of the tower.
- Then we draw another oval of the same size with some space, vertically on the previous oval.
- Erase the inner sides of the oval which will now look like a cylindrical tin box.
- Now, draw two vertical lines one on each end of the oval.
- Draw some stripes and another curve to make the railings.
- Draw another door shape for the light.
- Complete the top of the oval with a slanting roof of a hut and it should look like the above picture, and the drawing is now complete.
- A Wacom or iPad etc is not a good idea when you first start to draw.
- Also, do not use pens or markers, get a pencil instead.
- Always refer to a picture alongside, like ours.