A kitten is one of the easiest animals to draw which enthusiasts of all ages will have no problem in doing so. So grab your watercolor paper, an old CD, markers, crayons, and pencil and get started.
Drawing a kitten might seem difficult but with a structured approach, it can be easy to draw a kitten and even highlight as well as shade the animal. The steps to follow for drawing a kitten are mentioned below:
- Start with Facial Circles
- The first circle, slightly flattened at the edges, resembles the head of the kitten.
- After this is drawn, add two curved lines that intersect inside the kitten’s head. This can be left to complete later when the facial features are added in detail.
- Draw a smaller circle overlapping the lower side of the head which acts as the muzzle of the kitten.
- Make the Ears
Draw two triangles on either side of the head to represent the ears of the kitten.
- Circle for the Body
- In this step, make a slightly elongated circle for the body of the kitten. This should be drawn from the lower part of the ear of the kitten.
- Place the circle should next to the facial circle and not very far.
- Draw two lines to connect the body circle to the head.
- The top line should reach below the ear while the bottom line should curve and meet the vertical line placed inside the kitten’s head.
- Drawing the Legs
- To draw the limbs, place three short lines below the body of the kitten.
- A curved line at the end of the body circle will act as a guide for the tail.
- Draw the shape of the legs around the lines with short, quick strokes to denote the fur on the legs.
- The top part of the legs should be wider than the toes.
- Curved lines will help sketch out the paws.
- The first strokes should be light after which the lines can be darkened.
- Draw Small lines, curved at edges of the paw to represent the toes.
- Drawing the Eyes
- In order to complete the face and especially the eyes, it is better to divide the face into quarters with two intersecting lines.
- Place each eye in the upper quadrants and narrow it in the ends of the eyes.
- Draw a circle inside the eyes to represent eyeballs.
- Two elongated circles between the eyeballs will represent the pupils.
- The eyeball can be shaded and the pupils made a shade darker.
- Complete the Nose and Whiskers
- Draw the nose inside the muzzle by adding a small triangle. The triangle lines can be darkened.
- Make small indentations on top and on the sides to showcase the nostrils and draw out whiskers from the nose on either side.
- Drawing the Mouth
- Draw out two circles from a point below the middle of the nose within the muzzle circle.
- Draw a chin below the mouth as a curved line.
- Completing the Ears
- Make ears rounder with small curved strokes inside the ears to showcase fur.
- Once the fur is defined inside and by the edges of the ears, then, complete the ears.
- Defining the Body
- With the lines drawn for the body, you can complete it with short, quick strokes to represent the fur of the kitten’s coat.
- Use longer strokes for the body hair which can be added with shades to complete body hair.
- Complete Tail and Shade the Body
- To complete, add dimension to the tail of the cat.
- Shade the body, legs, tail, and face accordingly.
With the above steps, you will be able to draw a kitten which will have a good resemblance to a real one, and it could be done by children as well.
Another way to draw a kitten
This kitten features large eyes making it cute and adorable.
- First, place your old CD in the center of your watercolor paper and trace a circle. This will form the kitten’s head.
- Then, draw the ears. Enclose two medium curve triangles on top of the kitten’s head. Complete the ears by adding a smaller triangle inside the bigger triangles.
- Add the two front legs of your kitten by drawing a slightl curve line from the bottom sides of the circle downwards. Draw an overlapping “U” shape on each leg to form the toes.
- Draw the back legs; add short curvy lines on the right and left sides of the front legs. Then, draw an inverted “U” shape from the right toe to the left toe of the front legs which forms as the belly line.
- Now, add a small squiggly line behind the right or left back leg to form the kitten’s tail.
- Add two large circles inside the original circle for the kitten’s eyes. And then draw additional circles inside the bigger circles to complete the eyes.
- Draw an inverted small triangle between the kitten’s eyes which forms the nose and then another small incomplete triangle (only two slant lines without the line at the bottom) for the mouth.
- Trace the drawing with a marker to highlight the kitten’s features. Paint with watercolor or crayons.
Here’s another alternative step-by-step guide on how to draw a kitten
You only need a sheet of paper, a pencil, and an eraser.
- Start by drawing a circle to form the kitten’s head.
- Add a pear shape like figure below the head which serves as the kitten’s body.
- Draw curved lines on each side of the head. Connect small curves with jagged edges to connect to the original and larger curves for the kitten’s furry cheeks.
- Add two large curves on top of each side of the head. Enclose smaller triangles inside of the larger triangles to complete the ears.
- Erase the lines from the original circle. Continue by adding the kitten’s front legs and paws. Used curve lines to outline the legs and overlapping small “U” shapes to form the toes.
- Next, add the kitten’s back legs; draw long curved lines to enclose the front legs. Do the same on the other side. Do not forget to add small “U” shapes for the toes.
- Add the tail by adding two curve lines starting from the back leg.
- Use small curves on the kitten’s belly, legs, and chest for the fur.
- Add 2 almond shapes or circles for the eyes. Add curves above the eyes for the eyebrows. Draw a rounded triangle below the eyes for the nose and a “W” shaped below to form the mouth.
- Lastly, add dots on each side of the mouth and long curve lines for the whiskers.
How do you draw a kitten step by step?
- Begin by drawing a circle. This will form the kitten’s head.
- Next, use curved lines to enclose an irregular shape below the head.
- Extend a pair of curved lines from each side of the head.
- Enclose two large curved triangles on top of the kitten’s head.
How do you draw a cat and a kitten for kids?
How do you draw a kitty for kids?
How do you draw a cat so cute?
How do you draw a cute kitty?
How do you draw a kitten face?
How do you draw a realistic kitten?
How do you draw a cute girl?
How do you draw a girl with a ponytail so cute?
How do you draw cute Ariana Grande?
How do you draw a cute cute girl fan?
How do you draw a cute girl easy?
How do you draw a cute rose?
How do you draw a winter girl Drawe so cute?
How do you draw a cute elf girl?
How do you draw toothless Drawe so cute?
How do you draw a cute unicorn girl?
Ads by Google