If this is your first time attempting to edit videos on your MacBook Air, then you’re in luck. Apple is well-known for providing original software that Mac users can take advantage of on their computers. As such, unlike Windows PC competitors, Macs come pre-installed with free photo and video editing software.
iMovie represents an application developed by Apple, which allows its users to easily edit videos in a professional manner, thanks to the app’s numerous tools and features. The software can be used on all Apple products, including the MacBook series, iMac, iPhone and iPad.
Editing videos via iMovie
To get started with the application, simply click on the iMovie icon on your MacBook air. If, by any chance, the app is not present on your laptop, you can always download it from Apple’s official website.
Once the app is on, you’ll be able to import the original video file that you wish to edit. To do so, simply drag and drop the file onto the iMovie window, or click on Open, and select your file. You are now free to use the available tools to edit the video to your liking. Some of the things you can do include:
- Cut the clips, to remove unnecessary scenes;
- Add background music to the video;
- Add photos, or photo slideshows to the clip;
- Also add effects of all types, including themes, or transitioning effects for a smoother and more immersive video;Choose from a collection of studio-quality titles and credit animations;
- Give your videos a cinematic touch, by choosing one of the many creative video filters that iMovie provides;
- Change the speed of certain scenes in your video, or use professional effects such as picture-in-picture.
Do keep in mind that professionally editing videos on your MacBook Air will require a bit of practice. However, even a beginner can do many of the things listed above. Once you’re finished with editing your clip, simply save it, or click on export to choose a specific format for saving – such as MP4.
How do I edit videos on my MacBook air for free?
- Apple iMovie. iMovie comes with every new Mac (OS X), and you don’t need to pay extra money for it.
- Avidemux. Avidemux is another great free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering, and encoding tasks.
- ZS4 Video Editor.
Does MacBook Air have video editing software?
Free in the Mac App Store, iMovie features classic themes, chroma-keying, audio tools, and a brilliant yet simple interface.
How do you edit videos on a MacBook?
Can you edit photos and videos on MacBook Air?
MacBook Air is the cheapest among all Apple laptops with Retina display. It can become your favorite photo editing assistant. Being the most portable Mac laptop with the longest battery life, MacBook Air is a great option for photographers who are always on the run.
Is the MacBook Air 2020 good for video editing?
So, it’s got a tremendous amount of power under its hood, and can easily handle editing 4K video in Final Cut Pro without breaking a sweat. Its fanless design also means that it is pretty much completely silent when in use.
Can you edit pictures on a MacBook Air?
Can MacBook Air run Photoshop 2020?
Can you use Photoshop on a MacBook Air?
Can the new MacBook Air run Photoshop?
Is the 2020 MacBook Air Worth It?
Is 128GB enough on a MacBook Air?
Can you game on a MacBook Air 2020?
Can you play Valorant on MacBook Air?
Can you play COD on MacBook Air?
Can a MacBook air play Sims 4 2020?
This computer will run Sims 4, but not very well, and not nearly as well as the much cheaper ($999) M1 MacBook Air. Everything @Bluebellflora said is correct. It’s your money, and your choice what to do with it.
Is MacBook Air 2020 Good for Sims?
Is a MacBook air good for Sims 4?
How do I install Sims 4 on my MacBook Air 2020?
- Download Origin for Mac on Origin.com.
- Log in with the same EA Account that you use to play The Sims 4 on PC.
- Select the My Game Library tab and click on The Sims 4.
- Click Download and The Sims 4 will start to download in your Origin Library.
Ads by Google