You can easily fax your word document, the spreadsheet, and even your presentation via Google Docs.
There are a number of ways you can approach the matter at hand.
How to Add Fax to Google Docs?
One can argue all day about the fax machine’s presence in the present day. Yet, when it comes to productivity and environment-friendliness, there isn’t much that could be said.
- One of the options is to put an online fax service to good use. Here you don’t even need a fax machine as everything is online. You can use this service to send the fax on email.
- An alternate method for achieving a different result would be to connect a wired or a wireless fax machine to the computer.
- The fax machine will show up in the ‘Printers’ section after you select the file for printing.
- You might have to enter other information such as the fax number etc. to complete the process.
How to Fax from Google Drive?
Google Drive is your go-to place to store any and all kinds of documents and files for our future reference. Here is how you can go about sending a fax from Google Drive.
- You can use a fax service which is based on online use and only requires an internet connection. Most of such services send the fax as the cover page of an email.
- Another method can be using a real fax machine connected to the computer and sending the document to print through the fax machine.
Helpful Add-Ons or Plug-Ins
Another helpful method of sending a fax from Google Docs (https://www.google.com/docs/about/) would be installing an add-on for this particular job.
- There are a few useful add-ons available in the ‘Chrome Web Store’ which can be used to directly fax your file from the Google Docs.
- Initially, you will have to sign up with your Google account to continue using the add-on.
- Here you will have to enter the fax number and select the pages you want to fax.
- You will even get an email from the application add-on confirming that the fax has been successfully sent.
- You can always go the manual way-printing the document from Google Docs and then letting the fax machine do its job.
Make sure that there are no errors in the file before you go through with faxing it.