How to Fill Out a Western Union Money Order
A money order is a document issued by the Post Office or bank to make payments. It is a prepaid money order so it is a safer method of payment than a check. In case you are filling out a Western Union money order for the first time, follow the steps mentioned below:
Write the Name of the Payee/Recipient on the “PAY TO THE ORDER OF” Field
The first step is to write down the name of the recipient of the money order.
- On the money order slip, you will see a field called “PAY TO THE ORDER OF”.
- Write down the name of the person or business next to the blank space of the field.
- Make sure to write the correct spelling and information in large and clear handwriting.
- Once they process your money order, you cannot make changes to the details.
Fill Out Your Details on the “PURCHASER” Fields
This field should have the details of the person who purchased the money order i.e. you.
- You need to fill in your information in the “Sender”, “From”, “Remitter” or “Purchaser” field. Do not use any of these words in the money order.
- You must fill in your name and your address.
- Some money orders only require the full name of the purchaser; however, Western Union money orders require both your full name and your address.
- Write down your full legal name and your current address in the purchaser field.
Fill in Your Account Details
This step is not necessary if you are paying the money order in cash. You can use it when you are paying a bill.
- On the right side of the Western Union money order slip, you will find the “Payment For/Account Number” field.
- Write down your account number in this field.
- This will be the account from which your payment will be made.
Sign the Front Side of the Money Order
This is the most important step. Without your authorized signature, the money order will not be usable.
- On the bottom right side of the Western Union money order slip, you will find the ‘Purchaser’s Signature” field.
- Sign on that field and leave the back part of the money order blank.
- The recipient of the money order will sign on the back part of it.
- In some money orders, there is a space to write down a note or memo mentioning the purpose of the payment.
Take the Money Order Receipt and Keep it Safe
Once you finish the paperwork, sign the money order, and pay the amount, you will be provided a receipt for your payment. It is proof of payment.
- The money order will have a detachable receipt which you can keep for your record.
- It can be used to track down your money order and confirm whether it has been received by the intended recipient or not.
- In case you lost the money order or someone stole it, you would have to report it to the Western Union branch using your receipt.
More help can be found at Western Union Official Help.
- As soon as you get the money order slip, check the amount of money on the order and make sure it is the same as the amount you paid.
- Write down your information carefully and in neat, legible handwriting so that anybody may alter the information.
- Write down your current address in the Purchaser’s Address field so that in case the money order is misplaced or stolen, you can be contacted.
Double check all the details you have filled in for accuracy and only then send it to the intended recipient.
How do you fill out a money order?
- Fill in the name of the recipient. Write the name of the recipient of the money order in the “pay to” or “pay to the order of” field.
- Include your address in the purchaser section.
- Write the account or order number in the memo field.
- Sign your name in the “purchaser’s signature” section.
What address goes on a money order?
Who is the drawer on a money order?
What does purchaser’s address mean on a money order?
Putting your address allows the recipient (wherever they deposit the money order) to contact you if they want to confirm that it’s real or if there is an issue. Some money orders ask you to write (not sign) your name as well.
What is the limit on a Western Union money order?
Can I send $5000 through Western Union?
The cost to send money within the US via Western Union depends on the amount you are sending, your payment method and how your recipient would like to receive their cash. The maximum you can send in one day is $5,000, and the highest fee we’ve seen is $237.
How much can you send Western Union per day?
How much can Western Union send without ID?
What forms of ID can I use for Western Union?
Do you need ID to send Western Union?
What kind of ID can you use for Western Union?
What documents do I need to receive money from Western Union?
How do I claim Western Union online?
What information does Western Union need to receive money?
Tracking number (MTCN), Sender’s complete name, Sender’s country and state/city/province may be required, Expected amount, and.
How much does it cost to send $500 Western Union?
How does Western Union cash pickup work?
They can pick up the money at any nearby Western Union location. Your receiver will need to fill out the To Receive Money Form (TRMF) and present Government-issued ID*.
How do I receive money from Western?
Visit a Western Union agent location. Provide your sender’s details, including the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN). Show a government-issued photo ID. Get your money once your details have been verified.