Chrome extensions are nothing but the small software programs that can customize your browsing experience.
With these programs, you can customize the functionality and features of Chrome depending on your needs and preferences.
Find Chrome Extensions on Mac
Extensions are a great opportunity to customize the behavior and features of your browser according to your requirements. Here are the steps that can help you find Chrome extensions on Mac.
- Open the ‘Chrome’ web store on your device. Click ‘Apps’ or ‘Extensions’ in the left corner.
- Explore the extensions and add the one you would like to add by clicking ‘Add to Chrome’.
- Before adding an extension, you should make sure to review the types of data that the extension can access. If the extension is not able to access the type of data you want to access, look for some other extensions. Otherwise, click ‘Add the Extension’.
- You can see the extension is added to your browser.
Find Chrome Extensions on PC
You can tailor the Chrome web browser by adding customized features and functionality. By the way, you can make your web browser to suit your browsing experience.
- Open the ‘Chrome’ web store in your PC. Click ‘More Tools>Extensions’ at the top right corner.
- Explore the ‘Extensions’. Choose the extension you want.
- Click ‘Add to Chrome’ to add the chosen extension to your Chrome web browser – https://www.google.com/chrome/.
- When adding the extensions, they will let you know if they need any data or permissions. You have to approve them to successfully add the extension.
- Like installing the extensions, you can uninstall the extensions after a few days.
Find Chrome Extensions Folder
If you suspect your Chrome extensions are malicious and you want to back up your favorite extensions, you can view the Chrome extension files installed so far or you can access source extension viewer to view the source code of a particular extension.
- When extensions are installed into Chrome, they will be saved in ‘C’ folder. Each extension will be saved its folder named after the ID of the extension.
- To view the source code of an extension, right-click on it and choose open with notepad application.
- You can zip the folder if you want to back up the folder that contains extension files.
Find Chrome Extensions Update URL
The Chrome extension URL also contains it’s ID. The following steps will help you find the Chrome extensions update URL.
- Open ‘Chrome’ browser and open the ‘Extensions Tab’.
- Enable developer mode to view the ID of the extensions. Copy the ID to notepad.
- The extension is the same as the name of the folder.
- Open the subdirectory version of the extension.
- Search for the ‘Update URL’.
Find Chrome Extensions Files
You can enrich the browser experience of Chrome via add-ons and extensions. Once the extensions are installed, they are moved to a specific folder on your hard drive.
- Open your ‘System’ and press the ‘Window Key’. Then click ‘View’ and then ‘Options’.
- Check the box next to show hidden files, drives or folders.
- Uncheck the box next to hide protected operating system files and click ‘Ok’.
- Now, you can see the extensions file in ‘C’ folder.
- Before adding or installing the extensions, you can go through the particular features of the extensions and what it would be helpful for.
Do not randomly add the extensions.