How to Find Duplicate Photos on Mac
When you use Mac, you might experience the problem of duplicate photos. These can creep into the system without you knowing about it. This might have when you download the same photo several times. These photos might occupy a lot of space over time. So, if you want to find and remove the duplicate photos on Mac, here are a few ways you can follow.
Finding and Deleting Photos Manually
This is a time-consuming process. However, the good thing about this process is that you will be able to go through the photos and find out if they are actual duplicates or just different snap of the same item that is taken one after another, to check the photos manually.
- Open one Finder window and go to Users, Pictures, and then Photo Library. Here, the images will store by default.
- Sort your files by Name and choose the viewing that will enable you to check the file.
- Select the duplicate photos and right-click on your mouse to choose the option Move to Trash. When you finish, go to Recently Deleted File and remove the photos from there.
- Repeat the above steps for the folders where you might have saved the images.
This might take a few hours. Thus, a majority of the Mac users avoid deleting the duplicate photos.
Find and Remove with CleanGeeker App
CleanGeeker app has some powerful algorithm that will help you to scan and then identify the duplicate photos. This app has a clean interface and will clean up the Mac in minutes. Its built-in algorithm can find duplicate photos within no time, irrespective of where they are. One of the best things about this is that once you delete the photos, they won’t be recoverable since they won’t be in the memory anymore. Hence, you can free up a lot of space.
- Download the app and install it on the Mac. Open the app and you will get many options on the sidebar.
- On the home page, you will find Duplicate Clean on the left side. It will scan the computer and display duplicate images. When you choose a certain folder, it will lead the duplicates in that location to be chosen. Keep in mind that it won’t check the original folder.
- Review the duplicate the check the boxes needed and click on Delete to remove the files.
With this app, you can delete the photos with one click.
Can Apple Photos detect duplicates?
How do I find duplicate photos on my Mac for free?
How do I find duplicate photos in iPhoto?
- Download and install Gemini 2.
- Click on the +.
- Then, select the Pictures folder and click Choose > Scan for Duplicates.
- After the scan is finished choose either Review Results or Smart Cleanup.
How do I find and delete duplicate photos?
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- At the bottom, tap Clean .
- On the “Duplicate files” card, tap Select files.
- Select the files you want to delete.
- At the bottom, tap Delete .
- On the confirmation dialog, tap Delete .
Is there a truly free Duplicate Photo Finder?
How do I get rid of copies of photos on my computer?
Does PhotoStick delete duplicates?
- Open Duplicate Sweeper.
- Add folders to sweep for duplicate photos.
- Click “Start Duplicate Search”.
- Select which files to remove, or let Duplicate Sweeper decide automatically (based on your preferences).
- Click “Recycle Selected Duplicates“.